Uncommonly Cute’s “C is for Cure” tee… the infant onesie and toddler tee designed specially to be worn by youngsters in support of Breast Cancer. October is Breast Cancer awareness month so we will do our best to help educate about some of the ways to suport a great cause. They have raised over $2000 so far (350 tees sold and counting). With your help, we hope to reach our goal of a $5000 donation to go directly to the BCRF.
Through this nationwide effort, Allison Friedland the company’s founder is proud to give back to this worthy cause that has touched both family and friends that are dear to her. Available at www.uncommonlycute.com for $22-$24 each, Uncommonly Cute will donate 25% from the sale of this product to this outstanding organization to help find a cure.
This is the ONLY product available for little ones to show their support while strolling through the awareness walks… Now babies everywhere can give strength to mom, grandma, aunts, family and friends… after all “laughter is the best medicine”.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian women.
- In 2006, an estimated 22,200 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,300 will die of it.
- An estimated 160 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 45 will die of it.
- On average, 429 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer every week.
- On average, 102 Canadian women will die of breast cancer every week.
- One in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime. One in 27 will die of it.
- Since 1993, incidence rates for breast cancer have stabilized and death rates have declined steadily
Everyone knows someone who has survived cancer. It is important to get involved and help out in some way. Small things, like just buying a t-shirt help more than you can believe.
SOURCE:Canadian Cancer Society