You Tube " Extraordinary Breastfeeding"

by in Breast Feeding, You Tube

It is common knowledge that I am a breastfeeding advocate. I believe in the nutritional benefits and convenience factor for moms and babies. With that being said, the breastfeeding situation in this video is excessive and unusual. Most moms breastfeeding until the age of 12 months to 2 years NOT 8 years old.

Watching this video almost made me kind of uncomfortable and uneasy. No child should be still feeding at 8. Anything past 4 is no longer beneficial, it is just weakness on the part of the parent.

1. Anonymous says:

Messed up!

2. Shannon says:

I agree with you Lisa about how important breast feeding is for a baby. However this is very disturbing. I cannot even imagine such a thing!!

3. Melissa says:

What the hell?! That is just twisted!

4. Nathalie says:

I know a mom that did it till her kid was 8 or 9 and ya that was gross to witness. And she didn’t care where she was as if it were an infant. (Resturants, Malls, Etc.

5. Doodie says:

The whole video give me an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I think it a good topic to discuss though.

I wrote a thing about this in the link below and pretty much bashed long term breast feeding……but I’m not sure yet whether or not its actually bad for the child. The way we treat breasts and sex in our culture makes it seem super gross for the average person. But seeming gross and being harmful for the developement of a child are totally different things.

6. elton says:

Feed your children as long as you want to. I think this is good! By the way they are still desirable not all the negative adjectives you described them by.