The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and StyleMark today announced a voluntary recall of about 144,000 children’s sunglasses because surface paint in the orange lettering on the temples of the sunglasses contains excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
The recalled children’s sunglasses have Main Street Drag characters on the bottom of one lens. The sunglass frames have dark metallic blue or dark metallic red fronts and gray checkered sides. “Main Street Drag” is printed in orange at the temples. Style number DI25K7116 is printed on the left temple. No other styles are included in this recall.
Parents are being asked to immediately take the recalled sunglasses away from children and contact StyleMark toll-free at (866) 928-1913 (8am-5pm M-F)or visit the firm’s Web site at www.stylemark.net for instructions on returning the sunglasses for a free replacement pair.
- RECALL: Toy Airplanes, Cars, and Motorcycles Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
- RECALL: Timberland Children’s Boots Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
- RECALL: Children’s Chairs and Stools by Elegant Gifts Mart Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
- Report: Many Children’s Products Contain Hazardous Metals
- RECALL: 8 Lead Hazard Exposure Warnings
- RECALL: 14,000 Ladybug-themed Kids’ Outdoor Furniture Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard