02Lisa Arneill+ in Baby Safety
Use these guidelines, provided by the Nemours Foundation, to help select the safest tub for your baby:
- Look for tubs with a backing on the bottom, so it won’t slip or move.
- Choose a tub that is made with thick, sturdy plastic. Make sure it can easily support the weight of your baby and the bathing water.
- Don’t use any flotation device, bath ring or suction seat that doesn’t have a safety belt. These devices can turn over, posing a drowning hazard.
- Don’t use a foam cushion in the bath, as your baby may tear it and could swallow small pieces.
- Choose a tub with smooth edges.