Connect Facebook

More Jon and Kate in Hawaii

by in John and Kate Gosselin, Jon and Kate Gosselin

A couple weeks ago we posted photos of Jon and Kate renewing their vows in Hawaii.
More Jon and Kate in Hawaii

More Jon and Kate in Hawaii

The family stayed at Maui’s posh Grand Wailea hotel during the vacation that ended with the couple renewing their 9-year-old wedding vows.

For the big day, which was attended by Jon’s relatives in Hawaii, the couple’s daughter Mady served as maid of honor.

In true Kate style, the sextuplets all wore matching outfits, all of which were island themed.

A reader sent us this scan from one of the weekly magazines with more pictures and info. The rest of the pictures are from TLC’s website.

Thanks Nicole!

Tags: , , , ,

1. Christine says:

Which magazine was this scanned from?

2. I have no idea… I am hoping that the reader will return my e-mail so that I can credit the magazine and page.

3. Kk says:

Looks like Entertainment Weekly. That’s the font they use for their title.

4. UPDATE: the scan came from In Touch Weekly Pg.90 September 1st edition

5. Jenfsigure8 says:

It’s crazy to think of them as anything but moochers.
    She screamed that we owed her help as we provided the knowledge to produce her 6 kids. The kids are cute, but then again, all kids are.

6. DUH says:

What an idiot Jon is…he was stupid to marry her the first time.

7. Amanda says:

I agree about the mooching. It disgusts me to think they are getting rich off their kids. I’d love to know how much TLC is paying them or each season and now they have a book coming out!? I’m sure they got a hefty advance from that. I guess that will go to pay for their big new house I keep hearing rumors about. Something tells me they’ll be keeping those cameras around for a long time as long as they keep getting a fat payday from it. The Grand Wailea Resort is one of the nicest in Maui. There’s no doubt TLC footed the bill for this. Gross.

8. noname says:

You guys are mean. Can’t you see this family is happy and Jon is happy with Kate and Kate is happy with Jon. With the stress of taking care of 8 children I feel they’re doing a wonderful job. Jon and Kate devote their lives to the kids and will only provide the best to them.

Every couple has their ways of communicating. As an outsider what gives you a right to judge.

9. Ally says:

The reason they on tv is because we watch the episodes. Is that simple. Human being have curiosity and instead of staring at them when they go out. We get to see them on tv and not ask them so many questions. Kate has always mention that the only reason they go on trips is because of people donation. If a person want to donate their time and money, that their business. If I had six kids, I would want to get money to give them a better life. IF this is the way she can afford it, then let it be. Some of have two jobs to to feed our children and she just has to take care of them and let people watch them. Not a bad deal. I though the same thing about Jon that she abuses him but now that I watch the show, I noticed Jon love the way he is treated by Kate because I am pretty sure he can say something, and he also know how to make her tick. Love is strange.

10. Connie says:

I know many men would WANT to go to work each morning, to get away from Kate, if nothing else. But really, wouldn’t most men feel embarrassed to live the life of an entitled person? They charge from $25,000 to $50,000 for their live “presentations.” They get all expenses paid, first class airline reservations and hotel all paid. Everything they eat and everything they use is donated to them by sponsors hoping their product will be mentioned or seen in the TV episodes. Their children already have college funds set up for them, thanks to the State of Pennsylvania. Their new home, which will be 8,000 square feet doesn’t cost them a dime. Who can justify all of this? Shame, shame. They are common welfare trash.

11. Billy Joe says:

omg i love this show(L)

12. SMT says:

Wow, can you say jealous!? Geez, you people have no shame whatsoever! OMFG, just because you wish you were in their situation AND AREN’T, you need to go and bash this special family?! Wow, and you say “shame shame” on them? Go ahead a look in the mirror and say “shame shame” to yourself.

13. Cruz says:

Envy is what mean people are. who cares if they are getting things paid for? obviously people enjoy watching them, why do it for free? how many people would let cameras follow them around constatly for free? not i! I think what they are doing is great and hope to see them on tv for a long while and watch their children grow up.

14. CONGRATS TO YOU ALL! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE UPCOMING SEASON WHEN YOU MOVE INTO YOUR NEW HOUSE.

15. Corinne says:

I absolutley looooove Jon and Kate Plus 8!! I know more about the show and their family than anyone else…everybody is like leaving them bad comments, and I don’t get it. They raise their kids so well. I just love Jon, Kate, Cara, Mady, Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel!!! :)

16. Corinne says:

Does anyone know where the Gosselins are moving…I haven’t heard on the show or from anybody. I am really curious. I like have to know everything about them…:)

17. Me says:

Have they sold their house yet? I heard they’ll be moving to North Carolina to be near TLC.

18. Mom4255 says:

I agree – who would let cameras follow them around for free. More power to them. I absolutely love this show. I think Kate & Jon are doing a great job raising those 8 kids. What gives anyone the right to slam them unless they have walked an hour in their shoes. I can only imagine how stressful. The banter between Kate & Jon is harmless. I can’t wait to see more (including the new home).

19. marie says:

I was a big fan for the first few years. Yet the more “non” essential treats that were bestowed on camera hit me in a different way. I grew up in a large family and no one ever offered my mom and dad a wedding vowel renewal in Hawaii. First of all, Jon and Kate chose to have the treatments that created this family. It was not God, but Jon and Kate and their doctor’s decision. They are very lucky the children appear to be on a healthy growing path. That is not always the case with multiples. Over the past few years since the McCauleys (sp) of Iowa, we have seen an increase in multiple births. The public reacts and rewards these families with vans, clothes, diapers, education and houses in some cases. We are walking a slippery slope because television series and magazine covers don’t happen for all these families. I am very worried where all of this is headed.

20. Karen says:

Are you all serious? Calling them selfish? If you had 8 kids would you NOT want to provide the BEST life for them?

Good Grief! If anyone wants to help my family of 4 kids that would benefit them! I’d do it in a heartbeat!

Go Jon and Kate!

21. chris yturria says:

I am an older women who loves the show I think your family is so precious and I look forward to watching the childern grow and I hope you continue to make more episodes.

22. redbabs78 says:

It makes me sick to watch there show now and see all the free stuff just handed to them. I guess you could say I am jealous. Sure I would love a free trip to Hawaii. I know they have eight kids but other families have just as many struggles as they do with everyday life. They are no different then everyone else. I use to love watching there show when it first started but now it is just ridicules to see all the freebies. Wish someone would send it to a family that really needs it.

23. It is common for companies to give people on TV free stuff. It is their form of practical advertising.

While it may seem that the Gosselins get an excess of free stuff, the truth is that most things that you see on TV are provided to the production companies for free.

The bigger issue here is that many people started watching this show because this was a normal family with a lot of kids trying to get by on an average salary, while living in an average house.

Now that they have become more popular, this family is no longer average because they have ‘people’ to do the things that you and I would normally do for ourselves.

This is true with any personality you see on TV the only difference is that celebrities that do reality shows don’t market themselves as normal people.

24. Rosanne says:

Jon & Kate are trying their best to provide a happy life for the children God has given them. Anyone in their shoes would do the same. People who make negative comments are just jealous. It isn’t that they are continuing to have children like some reality families you see on tv – they are raising the 8 that were born from just 2 pregnancies!

25. SOFIA says:

THE WONDERFUL THING ABOUT NOT LIKING A PROGRAM ON TV IS THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE CHANNEL PEOPLE!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THE SHOW IS GOING OR ARE JEALOUS OF ALL THE FREE STUFF THEY GET THEN GET YOUR BEHIND UP AND CHANGE IT TO SOMETHING MORE PLEASING TO YOU. AS FOR ME, I LOOVEE THE MORAL’S AND CHRISTIAN VALUES THAT JON & KATE TEACH THEIR KIDS. MORE POWER TO THEM!

26. Amy says:

I used to like watching Jon and Kate when it first started…just to see how they handled all those kids. I thought it was really interesting how organized they were and thought it was so great how they wanted to be as “normal” as they could possibly be. Well that sure flew out the window huh? They are definitely not a normal family. Now that’s all the shows are about is the family on vacation. That’s all they do is go on vacation. I feel bad for the older girls. They get to have all of their tantrums and “ugliness” shown for the world to see which includes all of their friends at school. How embarrassing for them. It’s just wrong for them to continue doing this show. They have changed so much and it’s really too bad. Now they are living the celebrity life. That’s great that they can provide better for their kids now and go on all these amazing vacations, but the kids have to give up all of their privacy in return. It’s not right. And have you noticed how many more shows they are making. The cameras must be around 24/7 at this point. The show is not interesting at all anymore but the bigger issue is the children and the fact that Jon and Kate are continuing this whole thing. Those kids didn’t ask to be celebrities. They are going to be totally messed up if this doesn’t stop. They say that cameras alter behavior. Um…HELLO!!!

27. Dee says:

I really like the show and yes this family’s life has changed. Things have gotten easier for Jon and Kate….but they do have 8 kids to take care of. TLC offered the Gosselins the opportunity and they took it. They made the best choice for them and their situation and I’m pretty sure that if any of us were in their shoes we would have done the same. What we also have to remember is that TLC picks and edit shows that the viewing public will want to see….hence all of the vacation shows and not so much of the “mundane” day to day stuff.

If what the show airs bothers you…..CHANGE THE CHANNEL. If enough people follow suit, then the show will simply go off and comment boards like this will disappear as well.

28. jo says:

Sofia,

What morals and christian values are Jon and Kate teaching their children?

29. Elizabeth Tronnier says:

It is hard to provide for one child, let alone 8! These children’s lives are being shown on television. So what! It could be alot worse. Jon and Kate are able to stay home and raise their children instead of sending them to daycare, which most people have to do unfortunately. Their parents aren’t on drugs, alcoholics, or cheating on eachother. They are providing for their children’s future while being able to stay home and raise them. Hellloooo that’s no neglect! They will not be scarred by the television show AS LONG AS they stop filming before Maddie and Cara enter middleschool. Thats an akward time for children and having that filmed could be traumatizing. I think Jon and Kate should cash in as much as they can, so they can provide for their children and set their futures up. Anybody in their situation would have do the same. Does anybody judging here have 8 kids? It’s financially hard to raise one. Let alone 8.

30. denise in florida says:

I CAN’T BELIEVE ALL THE HATE COMMENTS ON THE FAMILYS THAT ARE ON TLC- YES I’M AWARE THAT THEY ALL GET PAID! ANYONE WHO BASHES THE FAMILYS ARE JELIOUS! IF YOU DONT LIKE YOUR JOB, IF YOUR NOT MAKING THE LIFE YOU WANT- DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT-JELIOUS PEOPLE- IF YOU KNOW THE LAW OF ATTRACTION- YOU CAN HAVE A BETTER LIFE TOO- (RIGHT A BOOK ABOUT HOW YOU HATE THE FAMILY ON TV LOL) THERE IS SO MUCH SMUTT ON TV, ID NEVER LET MY KIDS WATCH SMUTT. IT IS REFRESHING TO SEE THE NICE FAMILYS ON TV..THEY ARE A BLESSING.
    I ASK DO YOU HATE ALL MOVIE ACTORS THAT GET PAID WAY MORE-
    DO YOU HATE THE TONS OF SINGERS ROCK AN ROLL- COUNTRY RAPP PEOPLE OUT THERE- THEY GET PAID ALOT-OH HOW ABOUT THE FOOTBALL PALYERS-
    WHY BOTHER WASTING YOUR BRAIN POWER BEING CONCERNED IF JON AND KATE ARE CELEBS OR NOT! YOUR THE ONE WHO IS GREEN WITH ENVEY!
    WHAT EVER YOU DONT LIKE ABOUT YOUR LIFE YOU CAN CHANGE-
    better job more money- diff husband-
    what has happend to the Jon an Kate plus Eight is a blessing for them-and lot of other people who love wathcing.
    FOCUS ON WHAT YOU LOVE IN LIFE- YOU WILL GET MORE OF THAT.
    MAY YOU BE AT PEACE ..

31. chad says:

i’d rather watch a happy family on tv than the rest of the crap they put on. It’s interesting see how other family’s grow, even if they are altered a little bit from the camera. For the haters, if being on tv meant my children got to experience going to different places and living a better life I would do it.

32. kaley bullock says:

a pretty cool faimily

33. Diana says:

I agree with what a lot of the other people that have left comments. I use to enjoy watching the show when they were an average family. Now every show seems to be about them traveling to so many different places that they are not the normal average family anymore. In one show Kate made a comment that if they are able to travel with 8 kids anyone can. What she fails to realize is that she always has help with her when they travel and most average families can’t affort to travel half as much as they do. I’m not trying to bash the family or put them down but their kids are not going to realize what a normal childhood is with having cameras following them around their house and everywhere that they go to. I don’t see this show lasting very long because people are going to get tired of watching this so called normal family. Does Jon even work anymore or are they just living off of what they make from the show??

34. Christie says:

This show is beatiful thing for several reasons. One reason is that it has benefitted this family, and that is wonderful. They get to do so many beautiful things that they would not have been able to do otherwise. At the same time they light up thousands of people’s lives for an hour a week when they open the window to their lives. I feel happy when I watch a loving family, with good values overcome problems and grow closer. I think in a world of disturbing tv entertainment this is refresthing and a good thing. It’s pathetic some of the nasty comments I’ve read on here. I hope you manage to overcome the nastiness and pettiness you’ve shown here on this board.

35. Annie K. says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! and WILL BE WATCHING IT TIL ITS OVER!!!

36. AY says:

i don’t get it. why is it wrong for jon and kate to get a job to provide for their family? doing this TLC show is a job and a source of income for the family. and if companies want to give freebies to jon and kate to get their products on the show, why not take it? it’s a win wine situation for both parties. the haters wouldn’t say anything if jon was working 3 jobs at starbucks, at the mall or any other jobs to support his family right? being on TLC is just another job to provide for his family. how dare anyone say anything negative for parents trying to provide for their family… it makes no sense to me. and jon and kate are thankful for everything they have and WORK for. you would do the same thing, i know i would.

37. U GOSSLINS R AWWWWEESSSSOOOOMMMMMEEEEE[AWSESOME]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS[HAYTERS] R MEAN SICK PIGS AND R JUST JEALOUS AND WISH U WERE THEM !!!!!!!!! DOES ANY1 NO WEN THEY R MOVING AND WERE LET ME KONOW !!! THANKS, PEACE HAYTERS************ =]

38. PLEASE DONT BE MEAN TO THESE NICE KIND PEOPLE… kate may be a witch at times but she loves jon and the 8 kids[cara mady alexis aaden collin joel leah hannah]i thiNk that kate and the 8 and jon deserve all the things that they recieve and get offered [hawaii trip utah and much more] i dont think u should be leaving nasty dirty mean comments!!!!!SO dONT THANK U!!!!!! =]

39. Leanne says:

I LLLOOOOVVEEE jon and kate plus 8. I think they r the cutest couple. My family and i all love to watch this show. I think its great that they allow cameras into there home. Because it seems most of america and the world (im from australia) cant get enough of them. (remember they were one of the most asked ppl to be on oprah) All the children are so cute. I think Kate is so witty and funny. And Jon is such a sweetie, I think we can see all a bit of us in this family. Go Jon and Kate!

40. annie says:

I used to be a big fan of the show when they were average people. I really respected Kate for her penny pinching and budgeting skills. However, can anyone recall when the last time Kate even mentioned money? No we can’t because she no longer has to worry about money. The appreciation we felt for the Gosselins was due to their averageness, but now that is gone. They are well off now and personally I can no longer relate to them. The old non fashion-concious Kate now sports a new outfit every episode. What about the private bus that takes them to & from New York? Kate is spoiled now and the connection I once felt is gone because, she is no longer average. The charm has worn off because now Kate is living extravagantly She’s got the good life now. She’s no longer walking through a supermarket with a calculaltor. Instead, she’s laughing all the way to the bank. I watched my last episode this past week and I won’t miss the relentless advertisements TLC bombards us with.

41. michele says:

Does anyone know where I can get the quicksilver shirts that the boys wore in hawaii? I really want it for my Son’s 2nd bday. Thanks!

42. becky says:

I have watched this show from the beginning and am discussed on how Jon and Kate get more advantages tossed their way than working people who only have 2-3 kids. Teeth whiting, tummy tucks, hair plugs and Kate’s hair looks like a pro comes in. A far cry from the “before” photos. Also, where does Jon work??? I know he changes jobs from IT analyst to work for his friend but seems like now there is NO job. Does TLC pay for everything??? Health insurance alone for a family of 10 doesn’t come cheap but I am sure Jon and Kate don’t care.

43. Heather-I agree denise in florida with says:

I don’t blame them one bit – I think its silly that anyone would be upset by the good life they are living – I bet anyone would take any of these oppertunties that came their way – I would and I would be thanking my Lord and Savior God every step of the way !!!
    I love the show and they arn’t doing anything wrong !!!!
    Denise in Florida – you said it best !!!!

44. Paisley says:

I agree with many above, that if you do not like what you are watching, simply don’t watch. Are we forgetting that we pay film, music and sports “stars” millions upon millions of dollars for the very short amount of entertainment they provide? Not to mention that we do not get the opportunity to intimately know these “stars” on such a personable basis as we do with Jon and Kate Gosselin. “Judge not lest thou be judged”. As for them “choosing” to have all of these children-they simply did what any couple wanting more children, yet couldn’t conceive on their own, would do. Who are we to tell them that they should reduce the number of children that Kate was carrying? They obviously have a deep rooted faith in God that allowed them the peace of mind to endure the long road it took to bring all 8 of their wonderful children into the world. I myself can say that if in their shoes, my husband and I would have done the exact same thing. With all of the garbage that is on television these days, it is absolutely wonderful to have a program as honest, full of love, and family friendly as what the Gosselins bring to us each week. In life there will be those who do and those do not like each and every one of us. I pray for the Gosselins-and the rest of us that we live our lives not by what others believe we should be doing, but by what God wants for us-and what is good in our hearts. I commend this family for sharing the good and the bad they endure with us, and may God bless them abundently so that they may be a witness to others for all they have received. May you all have a wonderful day!

45. Bee says:

I agree with most of you. I love the show, the kids are great. Up until today I was all for the show, but now after reading a few articles I’m kind of confused on whether Jon and Kate are doing the show for the right reasons.
    Yet, for those who say that there are other large families out there and no one gives them as much attention or free stuff, not very many large families take the time to write books or give up their privacy. I bet that everyone knows who they are, as far as their kids when they are off in college (which will be paid for in full) they will agree that their parents always had the best intentions for their kids.
    None the less if I don’t agree I can change the channel and eventually the show will disapear like all the other ones. Personally I think it’ll be over after they go to kindergarten. I just hope that when they are all older they do a follow up show to see what became of everyone, and if Jon really puts up with Kate for the rest of his life.

46. Susan says:

What was once an entertaining show has now become the new “Live Styles of the Rich and Famous”. I think there days are numbered, there is nothing ‘real’ about this reality show.

47. April says:

I LOVE THE SHOW I WATCH IT ALL THE TIME. IM A SINGLE MOTHER OF TWINS AND WHEN I GET FRUSTERATED WITH MY 6 MONTH OLD BOYS I JUST WATCH ONE OH YOUR SHOWS AND IT MAKES ME FEEL THANKFUL THAT I ONLY HAVE TWO. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU DO IT BUT GOOD JOB! AGAIN LOVE THE SHOW APRIL :} WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG YOU PLAYED FOR YOUR WEDDING?

48. patti says:

Lifestyle of the rich and alone….
    Strange how Kate has alienated all, of her friends and family.
    Oh yes she has.
    No more Jodi/brother, and no more Carly, all gone.
    Jon’s friends have all given up on him and grandparents have
    been shoved aside by Kate.
    Kate/Jon had to pay for her own wedding because her parents
    did not want to pay for a Hawaii wedding.
    She got even by saying goodbye to her own parents.
    All true.
    When all of your family is pushed out how is it so many peoples fault instead of possibly one persons. (kate)

49. Kellyn says:

Wow – I’m appalled. So many people ready to throw this couple right under the proverbial bus. Try having eight children of your own, all the same ages (or very close to) and see how you do. The thing no one ever realizes is what goes on that the public DOES NOT SEE. Don’t condemn someone until you walk at least a mile in their shoes. No wonder this world is so messed up – there are so many people in it just negative and ready to shoot you down no matter what you do.

And is there a lot of marketing involved in the show? YES. How the hell else do you expect a stay at home mom and IT professional to be able to afford raising these kids? Jesus. People grow up, get real and get off your high horses. If you don’t like them, DON’T WATCH THE SHOW. Simple as that.

Not to say that I’m a lover of all things Jon & Kate – hell I don’t have kids – I don’t even WANT kids but I can certainly appreciate the level of self control it must take not to lose your mind amidst that type of constant craziness.

To those of you who have nothing better to do than pick on someone else’s life – why not try getting one of your own.

50. Cathleen says:

My, how the mighty have fallen.

As of this date, it appears they will divorce. At least they admit they are separated.

Jon has himself a little girlfriend and Kate has a silver fox of a boyfriend.

They have moved into their mansion. The family is falling apart.

Kate has turned into a wicked, hateful witch. Jon is a beaten-down shell of himself. No energy anywhere for this family.

We hope this ends this sham of a family who rose from seeming to be a sweet family to a family living in a million dollar mansion whose parents despise one another, and Kate who can barely tolerate her children.

51. Ruth says:

Hi!im from the philippines and i really watch your tv show a lot the Jon and Kate Plus 8 and when i learned that you’ve filed for divorce im really upset about it.Raising an eight kids is a very stressful, but to what i see on your show,your doing a great job!! Your family is great and I know, whatever decisions you made is all for the sake of your children..People out there who are criticizing your family are just jealous on the free stuff that you were getting from your show.. Just Dont Mind them!! Im looking forward to the many more episodes of Jon and Kate Plus 8 may it be,happy,sad,memorable or embarrassing moments it doesnt matter.

52. Andrea says:

Does anyone know that hotel the gosselins stayed at while on Maui?

53. Miss O'bannon says:

I realize that this comment may be a bit late in coming but this whole scene of kate in a dress from on of the most exspensive stores known to man getting primped and pampard begs the queston.
    What is really important to kate?