We have done many articles about the benefits of water births. At present, water birth is often practiced by those who choose to have a home birth, because the majority of hospitals have not yet installed proper birth pools in their maternity wards.
The Waterbirth Vessel is designed to offer moms-to-be every convenience to make childbirth easier.
The ‘vessel’ supports and encourages any position that woman can apply to manage their labor.
All I want to know is how do I get this vessel into the labor suite I’ll be delivering at the end of this year?
Here are some of the benefits to having a water birth:
- Relaxation for the mother
- Pain Management- less or no need for medical intervention
- Water creates support and equal pressure on all parts of a woman’s body
- Less energy used when birthing in water, less pain, less anxiety for mother and baby
- Water birth seems to result in lower adrenalin (fight or flight response) levels resulting in better oxytocin and oxygen flow to the mother, increased blood supply to the uterus. As a result contractions are more efficient
- An improved blood supply to the placenta during water birth also improves the unborn baby’s oxygen levels
- Water results in a small decrease in the mothers blood pressure
- The mother can find a comfortable position more efficiently and ease the descent of the baby through the birth canal
- Birth from water into water is a gentle transition for the baby
- There is less risk of tearing and skin tissue trauma to mother and less risk of tissue trauma to baby
- Water can make pushing easier
- The buoyancy of water means the baby does not have to be turned or twisted to deliver the shoulders in most cases
- Birthing in the water provides the baby with almost the exact replica of the womb environment- wet, warm, weightless and gentle
- Cleanup of a water birth can be very easy with little mess
- The mother feels less pressure on the abdomen and uterus with contractions