The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Kolcraft Enterprises, today announced a voluntary recall of about 1 million Kolcraft, Carters, Sesame Street, Jeep, Contours, Care Bear and Eric Carle Play Yards.
The play yards side rail can fail to latch properly and when a child pushes against the rail it can unlatch unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard to children.
The firm has received 347 reports of sides of the play yard collapsing unexpectedly, resulting in 21 injuries to young children, including bumps, scrapes, bruises and one concussion.
This recall involves the Kolcraft Travelin Tot play yards, as well as other similar play yards manufactured for Carters, Sesame Street, Jeep, Contours, Care Bare and Eric Carle, with model numbers listed below. Some of the units have a bassinet and/or changing table. Some models have a mobile, vibrating unit or a parent organizer. Model numbers are printed on a white sticker on one of the feet of the play yard. For more information about each play yard. Click the picture that matches your product for model numbers.
The following play yards may not be pictured, but they are included in the recall.
Care Bear Play Yard model# 18960-KK & Eric Carle Play Yard with Activity Gym model #’s 18763-EK and 18763T-EK.
Consumers should immediately stop using the play yard and contact Kolcraft toll-free at (866) 594-4208 anytime or visit the firm’s Web site at www.kolcraft.com for a free repair kit.
- RECALL: Evenflo Envision™ High Chairs Due to Fall and Choking Hazards
- RECALL: Fisher-Price 3-in-1 High Chairs Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: SunKids Convertible Cribs Due to Entrapment and Suffocation Hazards
- RECALL: LaJobi Babi Italia Pinehurst and Bonavita Hudson Cribs; Risk of Entrapment and Suffocation
- RECALL: Simplicity Play Yards Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards
- RECALL: 400,000 Simplicity Drop Side Cribs Recalled by Retailers Due to Risk of Death from Suffocation