Mima’s Kobi Stroller: Stylishly Designed For The Growing Family

by in baby gear

Mima’s Kobi is a stroller that has been stylishly designed for the growing family. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but it has the ability to accommodate 2 children if necessary – something parents looking to expand their family will love.

Kobi Stroller - single

Just like Peg Perego’s 2008 Skate Stroller, the Kobi’s seat unit doubles as a bassinet.

You simply zip it open and inside you will find a frame with the carrycot attached. Then the carrycot pops out, and you can position baby comfortably for the next six to eight months. Once he/she is ready for a seat, you simply put the carrycot back into the seat. There is no need for separate storage. If you decide to have another child, you buy a second (empty) seat and house the new baby in the carrycot and your toddler in the seat. Kobi is designed to grow with your family – from baby – to baby and toddler – and finally two toddlers.

Mima Kobi Stroller bassinet

Mima director and Dutch designer, Davy Kho, said:

“The response has been absolutely amazing. Completely mind-blowing. I think this was also due to the fact that nobody has ever heard about Mima, or ever seen our products. Nobody understood who Mima was, just coming out of the blue.”

Kobi Stroller two seats

Those familiar with his Mr. Kho’s designs will recognize the similarities between the Kobi’s seat and bloom’s Fresco highchair. The shape, sleek design and harness all resemble the Fresco’s signature Egg shape. This paired with the use of a compact folding frame , a forward/rear facing seat and the ability to adapt to many car seat models makes the whole system Genius!

Kobi Stroller - configurations

Mr. Kho intends to dedicate his time to his stroller project. He said:

“We at Mima believe that all new products need to be totally different, and add something special, to justify their existence on the market.” He added, “In terms of design I think we have been able to innovate the stroller category. I especially wanted to get rid of the tacky look of the normal fabric stitched seat. I wanted to achieve the look of the interior of a nice car, with a sleek and clean looking seat.”

Parents who are looking to get their hands on one of these strollers will have a bit of a wait, as Mima is working hard to perfect their products before they ship to stores. Target for availability in stores as of June/July 2010.”

Kobi recently took out the innovation award in the stroller category at the Kind & Jugend fair in Cologne. According to Kind & Jugend, the jury of experts gave it the fitting description of “in a nutshell” and awarded it first prize.

Related Articles:

Tags: , , , , ,

1. zoe brazil says:

does anyone have any idea how much these will be and when they will be availiable in uk? i need one x x

2. Krystel says:

Gosh these are brilliant. i am in australia and understand they wont be for sale here. but can i get one shipped to me? how much will the pram be going on the market for?

3. Merel says:

This is a mac under the strollers. Absolutely gorgeous.

4. saze says:

there going to be around the 1000 pound mark (madness) but lovly x

5. michelle says:

im in the us and very interested.. im looking for more info. how do i buy.. will u ship to the us?

6. Elena Chop says:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL ME AND TELL ME WHERE I CAN ORDER THIS FROM SINCE THEY ARE NOT YET OFFERED IN THE USA? I WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING. DESPERATE TO BUY THE MIMA KOBI BEFORE MY BABY ARRIVES! 🙂

elenachop@yahoo.com
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

• This stroller is only available overseas. I have been in touch with the company but I don’t think they have any immediate plans of offering their collection in North America. You can check overseas shops and see if they are willing to ship. It could be expensive though.

7. Indre says:

Good day. I want to buy MIMA Kobi prams, just such a model can not find what i want totrade. I want to know whether you trade this model? And at what cost? I enclose a photowhich you chair i want exactly. And the cost of downloading to Lithuania? Thank you
    Lithuania

8. AKPOL BABY says:

Wózek MIMA KOBI jak i XARI dost?pny jest w Polsce w sklepie AKPOL BABY w Poznaniu ul.?acina 6-8