An Australian baby has escaped with just a few cuts and bruises today after a train struck his stroller, which rolled onto the tracks when the child’s grandmother looked away for just a moment.
Security camera footage showed the stroller rolling over the edge of the platform just as the train pulled into the station. The stroller was pushed a short distance down the tracks before the train came to a halt in front of horrified witnesses.
“It’s absolutely amazing that this child isn’t more injured than what he is, given the circumstances of the accident,” paramedic Kate Jessop told reporters. “It would appear, amazingly, that it’s nothing more than a couple of grazes and a big fright. … I was assuming the worst as well and had those awful pictures in my head of a child underneath the train.”
The baby and his 3-year-old brother were being cared for by their grandmother. She told officials she saw the stroller on the platform, looked away for a moment, and turned back to see it on the track, the paramedic said.
Miraculously, the boy, who is in stable condition at Royal Children’s Hospital, only suffered some minor facial bruising and grazes to his head. From the Video footage below you can see the 15-month-old boy was riding in a Mountain Buggy Duo stroller! WOW!
- Father Saves Baby Seconds before a Car Crash
- Teenage Girl Locked in a Toddler’s Body
- Toddler’s Haircut Leads to Leukemia Discovery
- Travel The World With The Mountain Buggy Nano!
- Escape to The Tropics at Loews’ Royal Pacific Resort…
- Hot Wheels Turns Up The Heat With Their Triple Track Twister
- Mountain Buggy Debuts Their New Cosmopolitan GEO Luxury…
- Stuck on Tracks, Toddler Buckled In Car Seat Survives Train…
- 25 Powerful Photos ~ Dutch Birth Photographer Captures…