Johnson & Johnson has announced the recall of about four million packages of cherry- and grape-flavored Children’s Benadryl allergy tablets and about 800,000 bottles of junior-strength Motrin caplets.
The reason for the recall is vague, with the Benadryl website only offering this statement:
In consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall of all product lots of Children’s BENADRYL® Allergy FASTMELT® Tablets, in cherry and grape flavors, that were distributed in the United States, Belize, Barbados, Canada, Puerto Rico, St. Martin, and St. Thomas and all product lots of Junior Strength MOTRIN® Caplets, 24 count, that were distributed in the United States.
This is a wholesale and retail level recall. No action is required by consumers or healthcare providers and consumers can continue to use the product. The recall was initiated after a review, conducted as part of McNeil’s Comprehensive Action Plan, revealed insufficiencies in the development of the manufacturing process. There is no indication that the recalled products do not meet quality standards, and this recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse events.
Bonnie Jacobs, a company spokeswoman said, “Consumers can continue to use the product; they don’t have to take any action,” The action “is not being taken on the basis of adverse events” or safety issues.
Parents who are concerned can call Johnson & Johnson Consumer Care Center at
1-888-222-6036 (available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET and
Saturday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time.)
- RECALL: 90,000 Bassettbaby to Repair Drop-Side Cribs Due to Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards
- CPSC Offers New Parents Babywearing Safety Tips
- RECALL: 1,200 Rocking Horse Depot Rocking Horse Toys Due to Strangulation Hazard
- RECALL: 19,000 Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat Due To Faulty Harness Strap Chest Clips That May Fracture
- Featured Review ~ Britax Frontier ClickTight Harness To…
- Perfect For Everyday ~ Britax’s B-Agile 3 Travel…
- McNeil Issues U.S. Recall Of Infant Motrin Drops Due To…
- Stroller Comparison ~ 6 Double Inline Strollers
- Britax Issues Voluntary Safety Recall On Certain ClickTight…
- Boy Denied the Use of Experimental Drug in a Matter of Life…