Another week has gone by, and parents all over are getting ready for Valentine’s Day with their kids. Why not pull out a few heart crafts, some sweet chocolates, and enjoy the day snuggled up together. While you are preparing for the day of love, here are a few things to read and enjoy.
- A Colorado pharmacy put a pregnant woman’s baby at risk by giving her the wrong prescription. When she went int o get an antibiotic, she was instead given a powerful cancer drug that causes miscarriage and birth defects.
- Sometimes parents and doctors have to weight the benefits verses the costs of new medication. That is what is happening over a new medication that claims to reduce the risk of lung infection in preterm infants, and comes at a hefty price tag.
- Should companies market to newborns? Disney Channel is starting a new marketing campaign aimed at hospitals in the US, to hook potential customers as soon as they are born.
- Health Canada is in the process of updating their guidelines on infant feeding, and as PhD in Parenting points out, UNICEF has something to say.
- Do you know what to do if your toddler has nightmares? Read these helpful hints explaining why nightmares happen and what parents can do to avoid them.
- If your toddler has hit the “terrible twos”, Empowering Parents has a great post on how to navigate the storm with ease.
- Looking for a way to keep your little one occupied while out? Rated by Mom Lists their favorite free iPhone Apps. Who doesn’t like free?