The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Burlington Basket Company,, today announced a voluntary recall of about 500,000 bassinets because the the cross-bracing rails, if not fully locked into position, can collapse causing the infant to fall to the floor or fall within the bassinet and suffer injuries.
CPSC and Burlington Basket Company have received 10 reports of incidents in which the recalled bassinets collapsed when the folding legs were not locked into place. Two infants received minor injuries as a result of these collapses, including a bruise to the head and a bruised shoulder.
This recall involves all Burlington Basket bassinets manufactured before June 2010. Affected models have folding legs attached to the basket with white plastic pins. Units with non-folding legs attached with metal pins are not included in this recall.
Consumers should immediately stop using the bassinets and check the cross-bracing support rails to make sure they are in the locked position. To properly lock the support rails into place, the end tabs must be fully inserted into the holes on the leg assembly and twisted one quarter turn into the locked position, as shown in the photos below. Consumers should contact Burlington Basket Company at (800) 553-2300 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website at www.burlingtonbasket.com for a free kit with detailed instructions on proper assembly of the cross-bracing support rails and decals with assembly instructions to place on the bassinet. A video showing proper assembly of the bassinets is available is available at http://burlingtonbasket.org/BASSINETRECALL.aspx. This recall does not involve returning the bassinet.
- RECALL: 5,200 Kristi G, SwimWays Corporation Child Chairs Due To Fall Hazard
- RECALL: Cosco, Maxi-Cosi, and Safety 1st Child Restraint System Center Front Adjuster Recall
- Two Strangulation Deaths Prompts Summer Infant to Recall 1.7 Million Video Baby Monitors with Cords
- RECALL: 37,000 Sassy Inc. Refreshing Rings Infant Teethers/Rattles Due to an Ingestion Hazard
- Quinny/Maxi-Cosi Debuts New Jogger and Gorgeous Designer…
- Two Deaths Prompts Angelcare to Recall 600,00 Movement…
- Safety 1st Genesis Handheld Digital Color Video Monitor
- ABC Kids Expo ~ Quinny/Maxi Cosi’s 2014 Collection
- VIDEO: Featured Review ~ Peg Perego Book Cross Stroller
- Stroller Comparison ~ 6 Double Inline Strollers