The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Pacific Cycle Inc, today announced a voluntary recall of about 5,500 Playsafe Dartmouth Swing Sets because the sling-style swing seats can crack or split prematurely, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
Pacific Cycle has received five reports of the sling-style swing seats breaking during use, including reports of minor injuries involving bruises and scrapes.
This recall involves Playsafe’s Dartmouth Swing Set, model number 22-PS340, with date codes FSD0115AA and FSD0315AA. The model number and date code can be found in the owner’s manual. The swing set has six metal legs and includes two swings with yellow plastic sling-style seats, a yellow plastic sliding board, a two-person glider with yellow plastic seats, yellow plastic trapeze hanging rings and a four-person lawn swing with yellow plastic seats and footboard.
The sets were sold exclusively at Toys R Us stores nationwide from January 2011 through May 2011 for about $270.
Consumers should immediately stop using the sling-style swing seats, remove the seats from the swing set and contact Pacific Cycle to obtain free replacement seats.
For additional information, contact Pacific Cycle toll-free at (877) 564-2261 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website at www.pacific-cycle.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Babies R Us & Toys R Us Holding Their Old Baby Gear Trade in Event
- RECALL: 165,000 Radio Flyer Scoot ‘n Zoom Riding Toys Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 240,000 Swing Sets by Adventure Playsets Due to Fall Hazard
- Featured Review ~ The Stokke Scoot
- Summer Cruising ~ 10 Cool Tricycles For Toddlers
- Hot For The Holidays! Disney Princess Glitter Glider Castle…
- Evenflo Recalls 1.37 Million Cars Seats After Complaints Of…
- CPSC Recalls More Than 40,000 Infant Bath Seats
- RECALL: 60,000 Britax B-Ready Bumper Bars Due to Choking…