The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Pacific Cycle Inc, today announced a voluntary recall of about 5,500 Playsafe Dartmouth Swing Sets because the sling-style swing seats can crack or split prematurely, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
Pacific Cycle has received five reports of the sling-style swing seats breaking during use, including reports of minor injuries involving bruises and scrapes.
This recall involves Playsafe’s Dartmouth Swing Set, model number 22-PS340, with date codes FSD0115AA and FSD0315AA. The model number and date code can be found in the owner’s manual. The swing set has six metal legs and includes two swings with yellow plastic sling-style seats, a yellow plastic sliding board, a two-person glider with yellow plastic seats, yellow plastic trapeze hanging rings and a four-person lawn swing with yellow plastic seats and footboard.
The sets were sold exclusively at Toys R Us stores nationwide from January 2011 through May 2011 for about $270.
Consumers should immediately stop using the sling-style swing seats, remove the seats from the swing set and contact Pacific Cycle to obtain free replacement seats.
For additional information, contact Pacific Cycle toll-free at (877) 564-2261 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s website at www.pacific-cycle.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Babies R Us & Toys R Us Holding Their Old Baby Gear Trade in Event
- RECALL: 165,000 Radio Flyer Scoot ‘n Zoom Riding Toys Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 240,000 Swing Sets by Adventure Playsets Due to Fall Hazard
~ You May Also Like ~
- RECALL: 40,000 Aqua-Leisure Children’s Trampolines Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 92,000 Sportspower Limited Trampolines Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: City Versa Strollers by Baby Jogger Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 5,600 Kolcraft Contours Tandem Strollers Due to Fall and Choking Hazards
- RECALL: Weehoo iGO Bike Trailers Due to Fall and Crash Hazards