The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with Pottery Barn Kids, today announced a voluntary recall of about 82,300 Chloe, Sophie and Audrey soft dolls because the hair on the Chloe and Sophie dolls may contain loops that are large enough to fit around a child’s head and neck, and the headband on the Audrey doll, if loosened, can form a loop that fits around a child’s head and neck. These loops can pose a strangulation hazard.
Pottery Barn has received five reports of dolls with looped hair, including one report in which a loop of the Chloe doll’s hair was found around the neck of a 21-month old child. The child was not injured.
This recall involves soft dolls sold under the names Audrey, Chloe and Sophie. The dolls measure about 17 inches high and have hair made of yarn. Audrey’s hair is black, Chloe’s hair is dark brown and Sophie’s hair is blonde. The dolls are part of Pottery Barn Kid’s Girl Doll Collection. The doll’s name can be found on a tag sewn onto her bottom.
Consumers should take the dolls away from children immediately and cut the looped hair of the Chloe and Sophie dolls and remove the headband of the Audrey doll to eliminate the hazard. Consumers may also call Pottery Barn Kids toll-free at (855) 880-4504 between 4 a.m. and 9 p.m. PT seven days a week or visit the firm’s website at www.potterybarnkids.com for instructions on how to return the affected dolls for a merchandise credit.
- RECALL: 3,400 Wooden Rattles by Manhattan Toy Due to Choking Hazard
- RECALL: 5,500 Pacific Cycle Swing Sets Due to Fall Hazard
- Babies R Us & Toys R Us Holding Their Old Baby Gear Trade in Event
- RECALL: 7,930 Madeline Bed Canopies by Pottery Barn Kids Due to Impact Hazard
- RECALL: 82,000 Pottery Barn Drop-Side Cribs Dues To Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards
- IKEA Recalls 2.8 Million Children’s Bed Canopies Due to Strangulation Hazard
- RECALL: Dream On Me High Chairs Due to Strangulation and Fall Hazards
- Peg Perego Canada Inc. President Questions Health Canada’s Recall Decision
- Child’s Death Prompts Recall to Repair Playards Tent by Tots in Mind Due to Strangulation Hazard