The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Kiddieland Toys Limited, today announced a voluntary recall of about 12,000 (9,000 Disney Princess Trikes were recalled in April 2011*) Disney Fairies Plastic Racing Trikes because the plastic fairy figures protrude from the top of the handle bar posing a laceration hazard if a child falls on them.
CPSC and Kiddieland have received one report of a 3-year-old girl from Ohio who suffered a facial laceration near her right eye.
This recall involves the Disney-branded Fairies Plastic Racing Trike. The trike is green and purple with a white seat and yellow wheels. On top of the handlebar, there is a Tinkerbell figure and three other rotating fairy figures. “Disney Fairies” is printed on the label in front of the trike just below the handlebar.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the trikes away from children and contact Kiddieland at (800) 430-5307 anytime, or visit the firm’s website at www.kiddieland.com.hk for a free replacement handlebar with an enclosed rotating display.
*New model Princess Trikes do not have figurines and are not included in the recall.
- Bugaboo Halts The Sale of Their Bee Strollers To Re-Design Front Wheels
- RECALL: LittleLife Baby Carriers Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 440,000 ‘B.O.B. Trailers’ Jogging Strollers Due to Choking Hazard
~ You May Also Like ~
- RECALL: 40,000 Todson Bicycle Child Carrier Seats Due to Laceration and Fingertip Amputation Hazards
- RECALL: 70,000 Hachette Book Group’s Children’s Books Due To Choking and Laceration Hazards
- RECALL: 58,000 IKEA Children’s Folding Tent Due to Laceration and Puncture Hazards
- RECALL: 16,850 Trend Lab Children’s Upholstered Chairs Due to Laceration & Choking Hazards
- RECALL: 15,400 Children’s Beach Chairs by Downeast Concepts Due to Laceration Hazard