The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with Pottery Barn Kids, today announced a voluntary recall of about 7,930 Bed Canopies because the connections of the posts to the top rails of the canopy can come apart, allowing components of the canopy to fall and posing an impact hazard to consumers.
The firm is aware of 33 reports of components of the canopy falling, including one report of a cut that required stitches and nine other reports of minor cuts, bruises and/or bumps.
The canopy is part of the Madeline Bedroom Collection. It is made of wood and consists of four posts that connect to the headboard and footboard of the bed and four rails that connect to the top portion of each post. It is available for twin-, full- and queen-sized Madeline Beds and comes in white, antique white, blade green, Sun Valley blade green, Sun Valley light green and Sun Valley espresso. Pottery Barn Kids previously sold the canopy separately as an option for the Madeline Bed.
The recalled canopies were sold at Pottery Barn Kids stores nationwide, online at potterybarnkids.com and through Pottery Barn Kids catalogs from December 2003 until August 2011. When sold separately, the canopy was between $150 – $300.
Consumers are being asked to immediately remove the canopy from the bed and contact Pottery Barn Kids at (855) 662-4114 between 4 a.m. and 9 p.m. PT daily or visit the firm’s website at www.potterybarnkids.com to schedule a free repair.
- RECALL: 297,000 Build-A-Bear Colorful Hearts Teddy Bears Due to Choking Hazard
- RECALL: 64,000 Bugaboo Car Seat Adapters Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 12,000 Kiddieland Disney-branded Fairies Plastic Trikes Due to Laceration Hazard
- RECALL: 82,000 Dolls by Pottery Barn Kids Due To Strangulation Hazard
- RECALL: 82,000 Pottery Barn Drop-Side Cribs Dues To Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards
- Bumbleride Offers Wheel Retrofit Kit For Indie & Indie Twin
- IKEA Recalls 23 Million Lamps For Repair After Cord Strangulation Death
- RECALL: 408,500 Kids II Recalls Baby Einstein Activity Jumpers Due to Impact Hazard
- RECALL: Safety 1st Toilet and Cabinet Locks Recalled Due to Lock Failure