The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with Graco Children’s Products, today announced a voluntary recall of about 90,000 Graco Classic Wood Highchairs because the high chair’s seat can loosen or detach from the base, posing a fall hazard to the child.
Graco has received 58 reports of the high chairs’ seats loosening or detaching from the base. There have been nine reports of children falling as the seat detached from the base, resulting in reports of bumps, bruises and scratches. Graco has received one report of a concussion in Canada.
This recall involves all Graco brand Classic Wood Highchairs sold in three wood finishes. The high chair has a top seat, bottom leg assembly and removable tray. The high chair is sold with a beige fabric seat cover. Model number 3C00BPN, 3C00BPN TC, 3C00CHY, 3C00CHY TC, 3C00CPO or 3C00CPO TC is printed on a label on the underside of the seat assembly.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled high chairs and contact Graco at (800) 345-4109 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and, or visit the firm’s website at www.gracobaby.com for a free repair kit.
~ You May Also Like ~
- RECALL: 50,740 Bugaboo Strollers Due to Fall and Choking Hazards
- RECALL: 341,000 Playtex Hip Hammock Infant Carriers Due to Fall Hazard
- RECALL: 46,000 Kolcraft Bassinets Due to Fall Hazard
- An Infant Death Prompts Recall of 30,000 Nap Nanny® Recliners Due to Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards
- RECALL: Dream On Me High Chairs Due to Strangulation and Fall Hazards