A young Indiana mom is telling her story after her 2-year-old son died last month from what was initially diagnosed as a “little bug.” Kayla Dunham said on Facebook that her son Grayson “was taken from us too soon for reasons we will never understand.”
Author Archive for Vicki
Vicki Clinebell is a former television advertising executive who spent 25+ years with an ABC television affiliate in sales and marketing. A journalism major in college at the University of Colorado/Boulder, she now writes for a variety of online and print publications and provides blog content for clients including retail businesses and artists. The diversity of subject matter appeals to her, whether she’s reporting on the latest trends in baby gear, highlighting stories about outdoor adventures, or explaining basic pet-care tips. Even better, she says, is the shorter work commute… just down the hall, and a dress code that’s changed from suits and heels to jeans and a sweatshirt.
Published in Environmental Science and Technology, new research from Washington D.C.’s Milken Institute of Public Health at George Washington University says that household dust exposes people to toxic chemicals associated with severe health problems. Children – and especially infants – may be more exposed while playing and crawling on the floor.
A 15-month-old baby is recovering in the hospital after a fall from a second story window in her apartment left her in critical condition.
In a new study reported in the journal Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology researchers say that early exposure to antibiotics can increase the risk of children developing food allergies.
Parents of twin girls born conjoined at the heart have finally announced that doctors at a Gainesville, Florida hospital successfully separated them in June. The parents waited to disclose the happy news to make sure that their girls were in good condition, and timed the news release for now as they prepare to take their children home.
Already the father of three, Tim Brummel noticed his wife Rachel having pregnancy symptoms, complaining of nausea, fatigue and increased appetite. So even though Tim had recently had a vasectomy he was suspicious – especially when he realized that he hadn’t yet had the standard five month check-up to see if the procedure had been a success.
Chelsey Russell and her family were enjoying a relaxing summer week cruising Lake Powell – the reservoir straddling the Utah/Arizona border – on a houseboat. On board for the week with the recently-divorced 35-year-old mom were her mother, her brother, and her two young sons ages five and two.
A new study published in Academic Pediatrics points out a growing number of accidents and injuries resulting from improper use of baby carriers and strollers.
Prayers and support from family, friends and even strangers have helped keep determined parents of an infant girl born at just 24 weeks gestation strong through difficult times. The tiny baby weighed in at only 1 pound 6 ounces when she was born on September 13, 2015, and doctors agreed her chances for survival were grim.
Baltimore fire crews were called to a fire in a two-story Baltimore rowhouse late Sunday night, arriving to find heavy smoke and fire belching from the first and second floors of the home.
13-month-old Evelyn Moore may not be the fastest kid in a wheelchair, but it’s possible that she’s the tiniest. Called Eva by her family, the little girl was diagnosed with cancer at her four-month check up. A nurse noticed too much movement in Eva’s hip and the doctor recognized a lump protruding from her spine.
A normal flight on Philippine airlines Cebu Pacific suddenly had its share of drama when a passenger started having contractions and gave birth while the Manila-bound plane was still five hours away from its destination.