Tag: "Child Safety"

post thumbnail
0

Quebec Baby Severely Burned After Father Places Car Seat On Stove

A Victoriaville, Quebec baby was hospitalized in critical condition on Thursday night after her father placed her infant seat on the stove and it caught fire.

post thumbnail
1

Toddler’s Death Spotlights Dangers of Button Batteries

Button batteries are used in many consumer products from greeting cards and watches to small appliances and children’s toys. Over the past few years safety groups have issued warnings about the batteries, cautioning parents about how incredibly dangerous they are if ingested.

post thumbnail
0

RECALL: Skip Hop Crib Mobiles Due to Injury Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Skip Hop Inc., of New York, N.Y., has announced a voluntary recall of about 4,300 Skip Hop crib mobiles because the strap attaching the product to the crib rail can break, posing an injury hazard if the product falls on the infant in the crib.

post thumbnail
0

Burley Designs Recalls 34,820 Child bicycle trailers Due To Injury Risk

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Burley Design LLC, of Eugene, Ore., has announced a voluntary recall of about 34,820 Child bicycle trailers because…

post thumbnail
0

GoGo squeeZ® brand Apple Grape and Apple Pear Pouch Products Recalled Due To Mold

Materne Canada Inc. is recalling GoGo squeeZ® brand Apple Grape and Apple Pear pouch products from the marketplace due to the presence of mold.

post thumbnail
0

Safety 1st Recalls 35,000 Décor Wood Highchairs Due to Fall Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Dorel Juvenile Group, of Columbus, Ind., has announced a voluntary recall of about 35,000 Décor Wood Highchairs.

post thumbnail
0

CPSC Urges Parents to Inspect For Hidden Window Cord Hazards

The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are urging parents and caregivers during October to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords, which pose a strangulation hazard to infants and young children, and to replace them as soon as possible with safer blinds and shades.

post thumbnail
0

Chewbeads Recalls 51,000 Pacifier Clips Due to Choking Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Chewbeads, of New York, N.Y., has announced a voluntary recall of about 45,000 in United States (in addition about 5,900 were sold in Canada) Pacifier clips because the “D” ring on the pacifier clip can break, allowing beads to detach, posing a choking hazard.

post thumbnail
0

North Carolina Deputy Rescues Children from Pond after Father Throws Them in to Drown

A North Carolina deputy just so happened to be in the right place at the right time this Sunday, and because of that, two children were saved from drowning. But this story also comes with a sickening twist…

post thumbnail
0

New Concerns Raised Over Hand Sanitizers

Hand Sanitizer has been the go-to for many people who want to make sure they can get their hands clean while on-the-go. Initially touted as god send for those who were looking to keep their hands clean while out, the popular solution has come under fire in recent years due to some of the compounds used in the formulation.

post thumbnail
0

Britax Issues Voluntary Safety Recall On Certain ClickTight model Convertible Car Seats

In cooperation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Transport Canada, Britax Child Safety, Inc. announced today that it is conducting a voluntary safety recall on certain Advocate ClickTight, Boulevard ClickTight, and Marathon ClickTight model convertible car seats manufactured between August 1, 2014 – July 29, 2015

post thumbnail
0

Minnesota Mom Launches ‘Finnish Baby Boxes’ For Local Teen Moms

Using her knowledge working as a leader in a major corporation, Danielle teamed up with friends, family and co-workers to officially launch Babies Need Boxes, a non-profit organization focused on serving teen mothers.

post thumbnail
0

RECALL: Manhattan Group Children’s Elephant Activity Toys Due to Choking Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with the Manhattan Group LLC, of Minneapolis, Minn., has announced a voluntary recall of about 2,700 Snuggly Ellie Activity Toys

post thumbnail
0

12-Year-Old Saves Younger Sister from Drowning

After cooling off in their backyard pool, the Richardson family headed inside – everyone except 12-year-old Carin. She wasn’t quite finished swimming just yet, so she went back outside. But her 3-year-old sister, Jac’Lynn, managed to slip out behind her . . . unnoticed.