Tag: "Infant Safety"

post thumbnail
0

Pacific Cycle Recalls 129,000 Infant Bicycle Helmets Due to Choking and Magnet Ingestion Hazards

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Pacific Cycle Inc., of Madison, Wis., has announced a voluntary recall of about 129,000 Infant bicycle helmets with magnetic no-pinch buckle chin straps because …

post thumbnail
2

Wichita Police Reports 4 Baby Co-Sleeping Deaths Over The Last Month

If not done properly co-sleeping can turn deadly. This week the Wichita police confirmed that there had been a steep increase in infant deaths in their area from parents not sharing their beds safely with their infants.

post thumbnail
0

2 Year Old Sees 5 Doctors Before Battery Swallowing Diagnosis

Christina Smith feels relief and gratitude that her 2-year-old daughter Katie survived, but those feelings are mixed with anger. Her child was rushed to the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto by ambulance after an x-ray showed a small mass in Katie’s chest. She underwent emergency surgery.

post thumbnail
0

RECALL: 60,000 Britax B-Ready Bumper Bars Due to Choking Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in conjunction with Britax Child Safety Inc., of Fort Mill, S.C., has announced a voluntary recall of about 60,000(49,000 in the U.S plus 11,000 sold in Canada) Britax B-Ready Bumper Bars because the foam padding on the stroller’s arm bar can come off in fragments if the child bites the arm bar, posing a choking hazard.

post thumbnail
0

RECALL: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Infant Bodysuits Due to Choking Hazard

Parents if you recently purchased(or received as a gift) a Darth Vader or Disneyland 60th infant bodysuit you are being asked to stop using the bodysuit and to contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts for instructions on returning the bodysuits for a full refund.

post thumbnail
1

Toddler’s Death Spotlights Dangers of Button Batteries

Button batteries are used in many consumer products from greeting cards and watches to small appliances and children’s toys. Over the past few years safety groups have issued warnings about the batteries, cautioning parents about how incredibly dangerous they are if ingested.

post thumbnail
0

Grandmothers and Family Traditions May Impact Risk of Unsafe Sleeping Habits for Newborns

The Safe to Sleep campaign (formerly known as Back to Sleep) launched in 1994. Geared at teaching new mothers that their infants should always sleep on their backs, it greatly reduced the number of Sudden Unexpected Infant Deaths (SUIDs). Unfortunately, it is still more prevalent than health officials would like, with a total of 3,500 in 2013.

post thumbnail
0

Woman Charged After Baby Is Found Abandoned At The Side Of The Road

Residents in the town of Pasadena were shocked to find a 6-week-old baby girl still buckled into her infant seat abandoned at the side of the road just before midnight on Saturday night.

post thumbnail
0

Officers Break Car Window to Save Baby

It’s never okay to leave a child (or pet) in the car alone, but with the temperatures rising outside. Even just a few minutes can be deadly. That risk is exactly why two Camden County police officers went as far as to smash a car window to rescue a baby left locked in a car.

post thumbnail
0

After 65 Surgeries, Boy that Swallowed a Button Battery is Doing Well

Button batteries can be found in everything from children’s toys to remote controls to greeting cards. Potentially lethal, they have put many children in danger. Emmett Rauch was one of those children.

post thumbnail
0

Traditional New Year Baby Announcements Abandoned by Many Hospitals

The announcements of the first babies of the year has been a long-standing tradition for most hospitals. However, many hospitals and communities will now be keeping the information on their yearly first-borns strictly confidential in order to protect their patients.