Parents have been warned of the dangers that button batteries, magnetic balls, legos and detergent pods present to little children. Now a new, highly dangerous item has made the list after an 8-month-old baby girl, Aunraya, from Texas swallowed the item: a superabsorbent polymer ball.
Could you imagine your child having a tumor that weighed more than they did? One little boy from the northern state of Durango in Mexico had one, but Mexican doctors recently removed the tumor and the little boy, Jesus Rodriguez, is now said to be recovering well.
Katie Balogh was looking forward to the new phase in her life when she found out she was expecting. But three months into her pregnancy and the 29 year old found out that she had cervical cancer and the choice to either terminate her pregnancy or wait till the baby was born as the cancer spread.
On January 23rd when Mershell Wallace gave birth to a baby boy, both doctors and the mother were stunned as the infant appeared to have a conjoint twin on his back. But surprisingly, the mass is not a partially formed limb of a twin but bundle of nerve tissues.
Owen Stark, a Missouri toddler who was expected to live only days, may be discharged from St. Louis Children’s Hospital within the month, thanks to his new artificial lung.
New York-Presbyterian Hospital has revealed that they performed a life saving liver transplant on a premature baby weighing only 4 pounds, one of the smallest babies to successfully receive a liver transplant.