Families looking to add more culture and excitement to their vacations will be happy to learn Adventures by Disney is introducing new cruise vacations for 2019, including all-new sailings down France’s Seine River.
In 2019, Adventures by Disney will set sail on 21 river cruise departures on three European rivers – the Danube, Rhine and, new for this year, the Seine River in France.
River cruising is perfect for vacationers who are looking to really experience Europe. As the boat meanders down the river you can take in the country side from your balcony. These boats also dock steps away from the city centers and rarely carry more than a couple hundred people so you don’t have to worry about navigating through thousands of people to get off the ship.
The new 10-day, 9-night Seine river cruise vacation combines two days exploring Paris on land, followed by eight days of cruising to picturesque French destinations such as Conflans, Vernon and LeHavre. Disney has teamed up with AmaWaterways to allow families to explore the heart of Europe in a way that is unique, immersive and easy.
Highlights of this new Seine River vacation include:
- Interactive culinary experiences, including a gourmet food tasting tour, regional wine and cheese sampling and hands-on macaron making demonstration.
- Guided tours of Paris icons, including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
- Active excursion options for the whole family, including biking, canoeing, horseback riding, a ropes course and hiking on the stunning cliffs of Etretat.
- Immersive local experiences, including a visit to Monet’s House and Gardens in Giverny, a hands-on painting workshop, an apple orchard visit with Calvados tastings and more.
- Enriching visit to the Normandy American Cemetery.
- Engaging castle tours and rich historical storytelling at Chateau de Bizy, Chateau Malmaison and Chateau Gaillard.
Adventures by Disney guests can also add on an extension package at Disneyland Paris Resort to complete their vacation.
“Adventures by Disney river cruising continues to be an immensely popular vacation option for families, as well as adults looking for an exhilarating and immeasurably charming way to experience the rich culture of Europe,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “In 2019, we’re thinking bigger, expanding our river cruise offerings to include more departures than ever before. With the addition of new sailings along the Seine River, our guests now have a wealth of new destinations and experiences to enjoy in one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world, France.”
Adventures by Disney Rhine river cruises give travelers the opportunity to visit France, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. Disney’s eight-day, seven-night vacations pair unforgettable adventures in port with luxurious river cruise accommodations and amenities onboard.
In 2019, Adventures by Disney will offer seven departures of their Danube river cruise, including five family departures during the summer, a family holiday themed sailing in December and an adult-exclusive Oktoberfest-themed sailing in September. These eight-day, seven-night vacations will visit iconic locations and hidden gems in Germany, Austria and Hungary. Travelers can climb above the German treetops, learn how to make Austrian strudel and stroll charming towns and villages.