Babies have proven, time and time again, that they will make their entrance on their own time, whether you’re ready or not. So, as the year comes to a close, we’d like to share some of the most amazing and unexpected birth stories from 2011.
- Just moments after arriving home, a father helps deliver the best Christmas gift ever!
- A passerby helps deliver a baby in the doorway of a Bristol shop, just yards from the hospital.
- An Irish family receives a topaz necklace and bracelet for their daughter after delivering their baby at a Topaz gas station with the help of attendants.
- This mom delivered her baby and got her license on the same day.
- A mom of three learns that an unexpected delivery isn’t reserved for first time moms.
- How exactly do you determine the birth place of a baby born on an airplane?!
- Marathon mom delivers baby hours after running in the Chicago Marathon.
- A backpacker mistakes labor for gastro bug.
- A born at home mom delivers her baby, on her birthday, on the way to the hospital.
- A baby born amidst the destruction of Hurricane Irene.
- Mom, Dad and baby, all born on the same day.
- Family home burns down as their baby is born, saving their lives from the blaze.
- Officers checking for drunk drivers get to deliver a baby!
- Three different pregnancies, one delivery time – 7:43, like clockwork!
- This baby won’t have a fear of elevators!
- Celebrities aren’t immune to the unexpected deliveries – David Blaine and Alizee Guinochet hitched a ride on a snow plow to deliver their baby!
- One twin born in 2011, the other in 2010! Now that’s a way to welcome the New Year!