Today families will come together to celebrate dad. He is the master of the grill, coach, friend and protector.
It really is hard to put into words the importance a dad has in a child’s life. But we found some really great quotes that do a pretty good job. Happy Father’s day to all of the dads out there!
- “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. — Kent Nerburn, Letters to My Son: Reflections on Becoming a Man
- Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. – Bill Cosby
- “Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice.”
-Charles Kettering, American Inventor
- “I think back to the day I drove Michelle and a newborn Malia home from the hospital nearly 13 years ago—crawling along, miles under the speed limit, feeling the weight of my daughter’s future resting in my hands. I think about the pledge I made to her that day: that I would give her what I never had—that if I could be anything in life, I would be a good father. I knew that day that my own life wouldn’t count for much unless she had every opportunity in hers.” —Barack Obama
- “Having children is like living in a frat house—nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” —Ray Romano
- “He never stopped wanting to save the world.” —Ron Reagan