Before we had our son, my husband and I decided that we wanted to make our own baby food. We felt that using natural foods would be best for our baby since they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural goodness that bottled varieties could not provide. Since making that decision we’ve tried out a number of products that would allow us to easily produce baby foods – from food processors and blenders to handheld grinders.
The Baby Bullet is the latest member of the Magic Bullet family; it features all the power and convenience of the original Magic Bullet and so much more. Specifically designed to make healthy, nutritious baby food in just seconds, the Baby Bullet system offers parents all of the tools they need to do it efficiently and for pennies a serving.
One organic sweet potato costs about $1.20 and will make about 10 ounces of homemade baby food. That’s only .12cents per serving for what costs about $1.00 a jar. And when you make your own baby food, you know exactly what’s going in it… no starchy fillers, no hidden salt or sugar, no scary “non-food” surprises just fresh, wholesome foods and nothing else!
We also love the Baby Bullet because it is much smaller than a regular food processor, so you can leave it out on the kitchen counter all the time, which is really handy. If you’re not looking to make batches of baby food the Baby Bullet comes in super handy to just make meals as you go – we tend to feed our son almost everything we eat so each meal time I just blend up whatever we are having for him.
The full system comes loaded with everything you’ll need to prepare healthy food for your wee one.
- The Batchbowl – Used for creating large amounts of baby food for storing.
- Two Short Cups – Used to mix and store your ingredients.
- The Power Base – Is the heart of the baby bullet system.
- Two Blades- The cross blade for pureeing and blending foods and the Flat Blade for milling grains and cereals.
- Six Storage Cups with Date-Dial Lids- They are both refrigerator and freezer friendly. Simply spoon your baby food in, twist on the lid and turn the Date-Dial to show the date you created the food. No more guessing when you made the food!
- The Batch Tray – Allows you to freeze over 24 ounces of your baby’s favorite food in the 12 serving silicone “easy-pop” cups.
- A Soft Tip Spatula – has been designed to get your baby food creations into the Baby Bullet storage vessels with ease.
- The Pocket Nutritionist – which teaches parents everything they need to know about feeling their baby. From topics like foods to avoid in the first year, how to choose a well rounded weekly menu, exactly how much produce to buy to meet your baby’s needs and the health benefits associated with the foods your baby eats you’ll find everything you need in this handy booklet.
- The Baby Bullet User Manual and Cookbook – This comprehensive, easy to follow book contains everything you need to know about operating the Baby Bullet and feeding your child for the first 18 months. It includes eating schedules for each stage of development, wholesome recipes and a food journal for tracking favorites and reactions to foods – among many other great topics.
My husband and I both find the baby bullet VERY easy to use. After a quick clean, we were able to prepare a handful of meals for our son within minutes. To get started just put your ingredients into either the Batchbowl or Short Cup place onto the High-Torque Power Base, press down and twist. Tada – Baby Food!
Cleaning up afterwards is a breeze as well. All of the pieces (except for the Power Base) can be placed on the top shelf of the dishwasher or hand wash with warm soapy water and a rinse.
The Baby Bullet System gives you both the tools and the information you need to set the stage for a lifetime of healthy eating. If you’re going to make your own baby food you won’t regret buying a Magic Bullet and you’ll carry on using it even when your baby is older!
Congratulations to our winner: Heather!