With Mother’s Day just a couple days away I wanted to honor some of the amazing moms I see in my community and the many that I call my dearest friends and family.
Being a parent is such an important job but it is hard to describe it in one sentence, or even a paragraph. There are, however, many incredible quotes that really do sum up some of the moments nicely.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- “Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” ? Donna Ball, At Home on Ladybug Farm
- “(24/7) once you sign on to be a mother, that’s the only shift they offer.” – Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. – Sophia Loren
- Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together. – Susan Gale
- Don’t ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby’s smile is just gas. – Jill Woodhull
- The first time you truly appreciate Mother’s Day will be the first time you spend it without one.
– Linda Poindexter
Happy Mother’s Day everyone!!