The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with LaJobi, Inc., today announced a voluntary recall of about 33,000 Graco®-branded Avalon Glider Rockers with Ottoman and 5,600 Complete Nursery Solution (CNS) Box 2 / Katelyn Nursery Solution Glider Rockers because the base of the glider rocker can crack or break, posing a fall hazard.
CPSC and the firm have received 26 reports of the Avalon glider rockers breaking. In one incident, the occupant fell to the ground and sustained a minor injury. CPSC and the firm have received two reports of the CNS Box 2 glider rocker breaking with no injuries.
This recall involves two models of wooden glider rockers: Graco-branded Avalon and CNS Box 2/ Katelyn Nursery Solution Glider. Both products were sold in classic cherry, classic white and espresso wood finishes with sandstone colored fabric covered seats. The Avalon model comes with an ottoman. Only the rockers are affected by the recall. The Graco logo, products’ item numbers, name and the place of manufacture are printed on the label located underneath the front part of the seat.
Glider Model # Wood Finish
- Avalon – 1062335-065 – Espresso
- Avalon – 1062335-071 – Espresso
- Avalon – 1062381-065 – Classic White
- Avalon – 1062381-071 – Classic White
- Avalon – 1062384-065 – Classic Cherry
- Avalon – 1062384-071 – Classic Cherry
- Avalon – 5827914 – Classic Cherry
- Avalon – 8529752 – Classic White
- Avalon – 9382976 – Espresso
- CNS/Katelyn – 7822758 – Classic Cherry
- CNS/Katelyn – 6858104 – Classic White
- CNS/Katelyn – 8971382 – Espresso
Consumers should immediately stop using the glider rockers and contact LaJobi toll free at (888) 266-2848 Monday through Friday(9am-5pm) or website at www.lajobi.com and click on Recalls for more information to receive a free replacement base for the glider rocker.