The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Plan Toys, today announced a voluntary recall of about 3,000 Toy Penguin Figures because the head of the penguin toy can detach, exposing connectors with sharp points, presenting a laceration hazard to consumers.
Plan Toys has received one report of the head of a penguin toy detaching. No injuries have been reported.
The wood penguin-shaped toy has a black head with rubber fins, a yellow nose and a white body with red on the base. The toy is round-shaped and creates a soft bell jingle when spun. The toy measures about 3 ¾ inches in height and about 3 inches in diameter. “PLAN TOYS” and UPC number 084543521109 or EAN number 8854740052117 are printed on the outside of the packaging of the toy.
Parents should immediately take the penguin toys away from children and return them to the store where purchased to receive a refund. Consumers also can contact Plan Toys toll-free at (866) 517-7526 (between 8-5 PT M-F), or visit the firm’s Web site at www.plantoys.com to receive instructions on returning the penguin toys via mail for a refund.
~ You May Also Like ~
- IKEA Expands Recall Of Kritter and Sniglar Junior Beds
- RECALL: 40,000 IKEA Junior Beds Due to Laceration Hazard
- RECALL: Land Of Nod Toy Vegetables Due to Laceration Hazard
- RECALL: 40,000 Todson Bicycle Child Carrier Seats Due to Laceration and Fingertip Amputation Hazards
- RECALL: 12,000 Kiddieland Disney-branded Fairies Plastic Trikes Due to Laceration Hazard