Unusual Baby Stories

Toddler Found In Woods After Going Missing For 3 days

Two and a half year old Kevin Brown has been found a mile from his home after going missing for 3 days. Only wearing a yellow T-shirt and gray checkered shorts, police are not sure how he survived.

They figure he slept under thick bushes in the woods, frightened from a thunderstorm and the noise of rescue helicopters and searchers on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicles.

A search helicopter found him lying on the ground near a pond, probably drinking the water, they landed scooped him up and the took him to the hospital. The toddler was treated for sunburn, dehydration, minor cuts and insect bites.

He sustained a few scrapes and bruises and the diaper he was wearing was “very soiled”.

He was last seen playing in the front yard of the families mobile home with his 4 year old brother Anthony. His brother went into the house after being bit by a fire ant. Karla and Almond Brown, his parents, tended to the older child for as long as 15 minutes, then went outside and did not see Kevin.

They searched for about 30 minutes, then the family called the sheriff’s department, which arrived and quickly called other agencies.

By that time, a helicopter and more than three dozen officers had already been searching about a mile radius around the home. Another helicopter with heat-sensing equipment later arrived.

The next day, 100 volunteers searched through pastures, some with thigh-high weeds.

Other friends made thousands of posters with Kevin’s name and picture and put them up in several nearby towns, even sending and e-mailing them to other states and Mexico. They also started prayer chains and made brown ribbons, symbolizing Kevin’s last name. Some took food to the couple’s home.

An amber alert was not issued because the police did not have any proof he had been abducted. They questioned sex offenders in the area as early as last Friday and activated the National Child Find alert, which automatically sent calls to 5,000 homes in the area.

Outside the hospital, Kevin appeared to sleep in his father’s arms as the couple stood beaming and crying. Before they returned home, their relatives and friends cheered around them. Karla Brown told reporters it was the happiest day of her life.

We are so happy this little boy has been found. He is a little survivor. With a little TLC and a few extra meals he will probably be okay.

I am not sure why they left him for so long outside by himself. Babies are so curious, you can’t leave them for a minute. These parents are very lucky that nothing happened to him. Hopefully they will be more careful next time!!!

Source: ClickonDetroit.com

About the author

Lisa Arneill

Mom of 2 boys and founder of GrowingYourBaby.com and World Traveled Family. When I'm not running around after my boys, I'm looking for our next vacation spot!

Leave a Comment