Stroller Comparison: Sit And Stand Strollers

by in Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double, Baby Trend Sit N Stand LX, Joovy Caboose Stroller, Joovy Ergo Caboose, Joovy Stand On Stroller, Mia Moda Compagno, Sit And Stand Stroller, Stand On Tandem Strollers

Parents who have a toddler and an infant have so many strolling choices, it can sometimes be a daunting task to choose the right one.

A few weeks ago we compared 8 side by side strollers that were infant seat compatible to help break down the large amount of information for you.

sitandstand600

Now we have put together a similar chart for parents who are looking for the right sit and stand stroller.

These strollers are unique because they all feature a standing platform at the back to accommodate a tired toddler/pre-schooler and a seat for longer outings.

Parents normally prefer these strollers to traditional doubles because they aren’t as big and bulky. When folded most of these strollers will fit into a mid-sized vehicles.

Sit Stand comparisson chart

1. Joovy offers 3 sit and stand options; The Caboose, the Ergo Caboose and The Ultralight Caboose. All three offer many of the same features. The newly introduced Ergo is the most luxurious model of the three. Everything is different from it’s siblings from the frame right down to the wheels. This model adds a new multi-functional sun canopy, swing away front tray / 2 removable cup holders, pneumatic rear wheels with tire pump and sealed ball-bearing wheels.The Caboose Ultralight is 20% lighter than the original Caboose and it has sealed ball bearing wheels (like the Ergo), which gives it a faster and smoother ride.
  2. Mia Moda Compagno – While this stroller is the heaviest in it’s category, it offers a lot for parents on-the-go. The Compagno has a heavy duty steel frame, all-wheel suspension and a one-touch rear brake. The front seat has a 2-position recline and detachable front tray with cup holder.
  3. < Baby Trend offers parents an affordable option for parents with 2 kids. Their Sit N Stand LX is a great reasonably priced option, while the Sit N Stand Double adds an extra seat that can be removed to reveal the back seat and platform. Both of these strollers have a convenient one hand fold system, removable front child tray & a covered parent organizer with cup holders.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Nikki says:

The author forgot to mention that the Ergo is the ONLY one where the infant car seat attachment is in the back (near the parent) so the older child can ride in the seat.

2. Alix says:

I have the FICHER PRICE STAND AND RIDE DUO STROLLER and it is perfect too.

3. We didn’t list the Fisher-Price stroller because it is no longer for sale at retail.

All of these strollers are still on the market.

Lisa

4. Leigh Anne says:

I noticed it says the Sit n Stand LX length is 32 inches, on their website it is listed as 46.5 inches.

Dimension
    21″W x 46.5″L x 42″H

Weight
    27 lbs

5. Hmmm.. The Baby trend stats were given to me directly by the company.

I went over them twice with their rep by phone because I was having trouble finding consistent numbers.

I will look into this.

Thank You!

Lisa

6. Lorrie says:

I’m looking for a UK stockist of the baby trend sit n stand plus, or someone who will ship to the UK

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Lorrie

7. Sandra says:

How can I view this original story with the comparison chart? Thanks.

8. Betti says:

I noticed on the comparison chart it says that all of these strollers have a three-point harness for the rear seat, but most of them I have seen have seemed to only have a strap that goes across the handle.. Is there actually a harness on the rear seat?

9. Lisa says:

I haven’t seen the Mia Moda stroller but I know that the Baby Trend strollers and the Joovy Cabooses all have 3 point harnesses.

You can read our review on the Caboose Ultralight here:

Lisa, Editor

10. Crystal says:

I have a Chico car seat from 2007, which did not fit in the baby trend sit and stand. I would like a sit and stand that would not only fit my car seat, but would also leave an option for the toddler to sit in a comfortable chair if they fell asleep like the baby trend sit and stand. Any ideas?

11. Claudia says:

Does anyone know why the fisher price sit and stand dio is no longer available in the stores? I have found good reviews for it but would like to see it in person and try it out before buying it. Even Amazon has them out of stock.
    Thanks!

12. Jalene says:

I have heard that the Fisher Price stroller is available at Big Lots. It is my understanding that they were not big sellers so FP quit making them. My sister has one and she loves it.