Snazzy Baby was created by Australian mom Cyndy Mundy after she needed to find a way to protect her active tot’s tender knees from a day of crawling on the carpet.
Category: Baby Safety
A Colorado man is in hot water after he left his 4-month-old son in a shopping cart in the Home Depot parking lot over the weekend and didn’t realize the baby was missing until he was 5 miles away.
A Long Island baby is now safe with relatives after authorities found her drunken father pushed her stroller along a busy road late the other night.
Created from shock-absorbing foam (the same foam used in swimming noodles), Cozy Wedge, the bumper alternative, is covered by an organic cotton and completely washable slipcover.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation Infantino, today announced an expanded recall of about 131,000 Infantino Lion and Lamb Grabby Rattles because the tail-piece on the rattles can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. Infantino has received 10 reports of the tail piece on the rattle detaching since March 2008. No […]
The CPSC has posted some great tips to keep your baby safe in the house and in their nursery. The safety commission is urging all parents to avoid putting any kind of pillows in the crib due to the high risk of suffocation and entrapment. They are aware of at least 47 infant deaths between […]
Choosing baby products that are safe is a hard task because most parents don’t know what to look for. Use these guidelines, provided by the Nemours Foundation, to help select the safest tub for your baby: Look for tubs with a backing on the bottom, so it won’t slip or move. Choose a tub that […]
NBC’s new summer show The Baby Borrowers has been receiving some less than impressive reviews from critics in all industries. But it has been hit the hardest by groups that specialize in keeping children safe. The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry issued a statement last Wednesday calling for NBC to “pull” The Baby […]
Physicians at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore want to remind parents that babies younger than six months old should never be given water to drink. Consuming too much water can put babies at risk of a potentially life-threatening condition known as water intoxication. “Even when they’re very tiny, they have an intact thirst reflex […]
Tyson the Boston Terrier is probably getting the royal treatment in Florida after he helped rescue a baby from drowning in a family’s pool. Dog owners Whitney and Brook Michael Lovatt were inside their home with Whitney’s sister, Amy Kelaidis, when they heard Tyson barking outside near the pool. After following Tyson’s persistent barking, Brook […]
Most women dream of dressing up their nursery long before the baby is due to arrive or even sometimes conceived. When you are out looking for a crib, they are always dressed up with beautiful bedskirts, bumpers and comforters. The CPSC is reporting today that about half of the deaths related to cribs were in […]
A maternity unit in Shropshire has found a way to monitor their babies 24-hours a day by introducing an electronic tagging system for newborns.The system was created to give parents piece of mind. If a baby is moved from any of the unit’s “safe areas” then an alarm is sounded and the name and location […]