The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with various retailers, today announced a voluntary recall of about 25,000 Travel Tender Play Yards because one or more rails can collapse unexpectedly, posing a fall or entrapment hazard to young children.
CPSC is aware of at least five reports of one or more rails collapsing. No injuries have been reported.
The recalled play yards are portable and were sold with a bassinet, changing table and mobile features. The play yards bear the “Simplicity” logo. The model numbers are 5500DRM, 5500WDS, 5500FEL, 5501FEL, 5502MON, 5520PRO, 5550HAN, 5700MAN, and 5750MIR. The model number is located on a sticker on one of the legs underneath the play yard.
Consumers should immediately stop using the play yards and return them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacement product. Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact the following retailers:
- Burlington Coat Factory, of Burlington, N.J. Call toll-free at (888) 223-2628 between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- Babies R Us, of Wayne, N.J. Call (800) 869-7787 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday ET or visit the firm’s Web site at www.babiesrus.com
- Target, of Minneapolis, Minn. Call (800) 440-0680 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.target.com
- Kohl’s Department Stores, of Menomonee Falls, Wis. Call toll-free at (866) 887-8884 between 7a.m. and 3 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.kohls.com
* Simplicity, Inc. and SFCA, Inc., of Reading, Pa. appear to no longer conduct day to day operations*