Even though my son is this close to walking, he is still a bit unstable. For the last few weeks he has been pushing a wooden chair around the house trying to keep up with his big brother and the dog.
For Christmas we are getting him something that will give him support and mobility.
Here are some of the wooden walkers we are considering(minus the princess one, it’s included because it’s cute!):
- Wonderworld Hopping Bunny Walker – Push this walker forward and watch the 2 bunnies hopping up and down, with tapping sound in rhythm. The wheel-friction system slows down the speed for kids that are young and unstable, but can be adjusted to a faster speed as a child develops. $70
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Chomp and Clack Alligator Push Toy – This classic wooden push toy for tots is loaded with entertaining motions and sounds to help advance gross motor skills and cognitive development as your child learns to walk. With every step, three green gators take turns chomping and clacking. Colorful spinning beads encourage fine motor skills. Features non-skid wheels. $40
- Wonderworld Jolly Walker Push Toy – This cute Jolly Walker is a push cart with a soft storage compartment. Your child will enjoy countless hours of play while learning to walk safely with the friction control on the wheels. – $90
- Maxim Activity Walker – This bright eco-friendly walker features a bunch of things for your child to do including, Xylophone with Mallet, Mix-N-Match Puzzle, Peg Maze and Shape Sorter with Spinning Block – $67
- Haba Discovery Wagon – This sturdy walker is great for children 9 months+ to pull themselves up, to find a firm hold and to walk with confidence. At the same time children’s curiousity is triggered off by all the elements to turn, push, and examine. Includes fabric mouse – $206
- Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon – This award-winning classic push wagon has long been a cherished toy for toddlers. This wagon features a natural, solid wood body with removable wooden sides that are both beautiful and durable. The molded tires have grip tread and the front bumper makes this wagon furniture friendly and safe. Beginning walkers will enjoy the sturdy chrome handle bar and innovative resist push feature.$92
- Imaginarium Wooden Activity Walker – The activity walker is a colorful push-around toy that features 5 different activities to stimulate, entertain and help Baby build vital developmental skills. Four sides offer the following activities: turning gears, a shape sorter with 9 blocks, a fish puzzle and animal puzzles. Lift the lid, turn it upside down, and watch Baby delight at the 3 bead mazes. The wheels of the walker boast non-skid grips for traction on smooth surfaces. $110
- Around the Block Walker – This wagon is ideal for discovering shapes, colors, and textures, for developing fine-motor skills and even can be used as a walker as baby begins to take his first wobbly steps. $80
- Pushing Car By Haba – This colorful walker will tote all your child’ favorite toys while giving them a study to practice their walking! Need a break? Take a seat in the car! This pushing car is strong enough to carry the weight of small children. Made from beech with rubber wheels that are speed adjustable for new walkers. -$170
- Levels of Discovery Princess Walker Cart – The little princess walker is an innovative coach design with ringing bell that makes learning to walk fun! A comfy purple cushions offers plenty of room for the little pals to ride along. $115