Whether you’re a condo dweller or someone who just wants one stroller from birth to pre-school, a compact travel is a must have. They fold down easily to be stored away in tight spots, can be used for your child’s entire life and are perfect for when you need a stroller for a vacation.
These days the only reason to really have a full size stroller is if it has the capability to convert into a double for a second child. Brands have done a really great job of loading up their smaller strollers with many of the same features while keeping the price down and package small.
We have compiled a list of our top 12(in no particular order) tried and true compact travel systems.
1. Britax B-Free Stroller($350)
New for 2018, Britax’s B-Free stroller is designed from birth to 65 lbs! The big sister to their popular B-Agile stroller, the B-Free features all-terrain tires, all-wheel suspension, 7 convenient storage pockets and an extra large canopy with an expandable panel.
The B-Free also includes these features:
- One-hand fold
- Lightweight frame
- Travel system compatible
- 3-wheel configuration with front swivel wheel
- Infinite recline seat back
- Adjustable handlebar
- Foot-operated parking brake
- Extra-large under seat storage
- Flip-up calf rest to access storage from the front of the stroller
- Recommended use: birth to 65lbs
- Product: 44″ L x 24″ W x 42″ H
- Product (folded): 32″ L x 24″ W x 15″ H
- Product weight: 22lbs
2. Cybex Eezy S Twist($299)
The Cybex Eezy S stroller is a compact easy to fold stroller that is designed from birth to. It’s so compact that it meets hand luggage criteria. It also has a unique seat reversing system similar to the one orbit used to use that allows babies to face out or face you.
Additional features include:
- One-hand folding mechanism
- Sleek silhouette and only 45cm width
- Smooth 4-Wheel Suspension
- Infinite recline feature
- Sun canopy (UPF50+) with additional visor protects from sun and wind.
- Recommended use: birth to 38lbs
- Product (folded): 25 x 45 x 53 cm
- Product weight: 11.7lbs
3. Baby Jogger City Mini ZIP Stroller ($250)
The city mini has long held the crown for the best travel stroller. Introduced last year the ZIP is lighter, more compact and easy to use. It is also car seat compatible and perfect for urban and traveling parents.
The ZIP also includes these features:
- Adjustable 5-point safety harness with shoulder pads and buckle cover
- Multi-position reclining padded seat can be reclined to a near flat position and comes with a vented seat back
- Large sun canopy with UPF+35 protection rating shields baby from the sun’s rays
- Lockable front swivel wheels for agile handling with the front wheel suspension
- Rear parking brake
- One-hand 3D fold: stroller length and width folds in one swift motion to 1/8 the volume with the use of just one hand
- Stroller stands upright on its own when folded
- Removable auto-lock to keep stroller closed when folded
- Comfortable solid round handlebar allows one-hand steering
- Adjustable foot rest for smaller legs
- Comes with cupholder
- Multiple storage compartments make it easy to tote around necessities
- Recommended use: birth to 55lbs
- Product: 39.5″ L x 19.5″ W x 39.5″ H
- Product (folded): 29.5″ L x 12.5″ W x 9.75″ H
- Product weight: 16lbs
4. Nuna Tavo Stroller($350)
Even though Nuna’s pepp stroller is more compact we love the Tavo’s features for everyday and travel use. It’s generous canopy, roomy seat and large storage make it very popular with our moms.
Some of its other features include:
- Connects directly with the Nuna PIPA series car seats with just a click (no adaptors needed!)
- Super convenient, quick-click fold lock and trolley function when folded
- Opens and closes easily with just one hand
- One-hand, four position recline keeps little riders relaxed
- Two integrated mesh ventilation panels choices create the sky smart canopy
- Removable, oversized canopy with flip out eyeshade is retractable
- Adjustable calf support with integrated footrest comforts little snoozers
- Five or three-point anti-loop harness, featuring quick click release button
- Progressive suspension technology gives a nice, smooth ride
- Simple, one-touch, rear wheel braking system
- Removable infant insert and arm bar for extra comfort and security
- Large storage basket is perfect for stashing swag
- Recommended use: birth to 50lbs
- Product: 42.5″H x 35.6″L x 22″W
- Product (folded): 18.5″H x 36.8″L x 22″W
- Product weight: 22.4lbs
5. BabyZen Yoyo 0+($624)
The BabyZen is a popular stroller with parents who want an upscale experience in a compact package. The Yoyo+ 0+ has a fully reclined newborn nest with a 5-point harness, exclusive pop-up canopy with 3 positions, a foot cover, and a newborn head support. It is also car seat compatible with many popular brands.
Additional features include:
- Suspension on all four wheels
- Extendable canopy with UPF 50+ sun protection
- Reinforced frame
- Fits in the smallest spaces and in the overhead compartment of an airplane**
- One-hand folding, unfolding, and driving
- Exclusive “soft-drive” system: no need to lock the front swivel wheel
- Easily removable fabrics and entirely washable
- BabyZen offers a large number of accessories for parents to completely customize their stroller
- Recommended use: birth to 40lbs
- Product: 39″ L x 17″ W x 41″ H
- Product (folded): 20″ L x 17″ x W x 7″ H
- Product weight: 13.6 to 14.3 lbs depending on the version
6. UppaBaby Minu Stroller($400)
Hitting stores soon, UppaBaby’s Minu is designed for your daily adventures. This modern, compact, lightweight stroller has plenty of room to store essentials and an almost flat recline(babies months 3+) for naptime.
The Minu also includes these features:
- One-hand action fold. Designed to fold into a compact package with just one hand
- Carry strap for easy transport
- All-wheel suspension ensures a smooth ride
- Modern silver frame
- Leather handle
- Generous canopy with flip out panel
- Infant and car seat compatible with a From Birth Kit and MESA infant car seat adapters
- Recommended use: birth(with car seat) to 50lbs
- Product: 28″ L x 20.5″ W x 41″ H
- Product (folded): 11.5″ L x 20.5″ W x 23″ H
- Product weight: 13.8lbs
7. GB Qbit Plus Stroller($299)
gb’s Qbit PLUS Stroller has all the benefits of its little brother the Qbit, with extra features, including a reclining backrest with a true lie-flat position suitable from birth, a head hugger, and bigger wheels all offering comfort and convenience from birth. The super compact folding system can be operated using just one hand, leaving the other hand free for hand-holding or carrying shopping.
Some of the strollers’ additional features are:
- One handed fold
- Canopy window
- XXL sun canopy
- Cushioned head, shoulder and crotch pads
- Shopping basket: To store away your belongings (max. load 11 lbs)
- Bigger wheels: Wheel diameter of 6.3 inches with swivel lock function
- Adjustable leg rest
- Freestanding when folded
- Travel system ready with gb or CYBEX infant car seats
- Recommended use: birth to 55lbs
- Product: 28″ L x 19.3″ W x 41″ H
- Product (folded): 16.5″ x 19.3″ x 20.9″
- Product weight:16.8 lbs
8. bugaboo Bee5($799)
bugaboo’s Bee stroller has been a popular luxury travel stroller for more than a decade. Completely customizable, parents can pick different color options for the frame, canopy, seat, handlebar grips and even the wheel caps. It has the coolest seat on the market and comes with a large number of additional features.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Large, extendable sun canopy
- Reversible seat: Facing you or facing the world
- Reclinable seat: Sit up straight when awake, recline when relaxed, or lie flat when fast asleep.
- Extendable seat: Pull the seat out to support small legs or when babies are asleep. Push it back in for bigger children.
- Height-adjustable backrest: Grows with your child in four steps. The sun canopy and five-point harness simultaneously adapt.
- Height-adjustable handlebar with leather-look grips: Enjoy comfortable, one-hand steering, no matter how tall you are.
- Light chassis, easy compact fold
- Independent four-wheel suspension: Turns smoothly and provides a stable, comfortable ride.
- Car seat compatible: use our adapters for car seat compatibility
- Comfortable seat, secure harness holds your child snugly in the padded seat.
- Recommended use: birth to 37.5lbs
- Product (folded): 35.4 L x 18.3 W x 12.6 H
- Product weight: 19.3 lbs
9. Babyhome Vida($399)
Designed for kids from birth to 55 pounds, the Babyhome Vida weighs just 16lbs and folds easily for storage.
It also comes with these convenient features:
- Adjustable handlebar into several height positions and one hand steer
- Canopy window to watch your baby
- Canopy extra position to provide further shade space
- Mesh and airflow side windows
- Two different footrest positions: baby and toddler
- Large and accessible basket
- Car seat compatible (adapters sold separately)
- Wheels made of durable material and with shock absorbers
- Washable and zipper removable fabric
- Usage age/weight: Birth to 55 lbs
- Stroller weight: 16 lbs
- Open dimensions: 36 L x 19 W x 43 H
- Folded dimensions: 12 L x 19 W x 28 H
Bonus: It now comes in the Vida Golden which has rose gold accents.
10. Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller($249)
Mountain Buggy’s Nano stroller is a lightweight, compact folding travel stroller that provides dual functionality of car seat compatibility to easily transform into a fuss-free urban stroller. Nano is so compact it can easily fit into many carry on luggage units for planes, trains, and automobiles!
Here are some additional features include:
- Easy, one hand flick out unfold
- Rear wheel suspension
- Shoulder strap for hands-free carry
- Exposed carry handle when folded in the satchel
- Mesh ventilation with the seat reclined
- Easy pedal brake
- Travel system ready – built-in safety belts to safely secure a car seat capsule to nano – no need to purchase additional adapters!
- Compatible with the Mountain Buggy Newborn Cocoon (sold separately) for a fully flat newborn-friendly solution!
- Recommended use: 6 months to 40 lbs
- Product(inches): 33 L x 22 W x 39 H
- Product (folded): 12 L x 22 x W x 20 H
- Product weight: 13lbs
11. Maxi Cosi Kaia($200)
The Kaia stroller is a quick and easy to fold option that stands upright for easy storage and travel. Designed for kids from birth to 50lbs, the Kaia can be used with Maxi Cosi’s Mico Max 30 Infant seat as a travel system.
Here are some additional features:
- Multi-position reclining seat with a padded 5-point harness for safety
- Parent cup holder
- Adjustable leg rest
- Convenient shopping basket
- Canopy shades and protects baby from bright sunlight
- Recommended use: birth to 50lbs
- Product: 41 inches H x 20.5 inches W x 26 inches D
- Product weight: 19lbs
12. Cybex Mios($650)
The Cybex Mios is the little sister to the brand’s Priam stroller. One of the most luxurious travel strollers on the market, the Mios has a small footprint and front swivel wheels to navigate the narrowest of paths with ease. It gorgeous aluminum frame gives it an upscale look and it comes in a large variety of fashion collections for parents of all styles.
Some of its additional features are:
- Seat can be positioned forward or parent-facing
- Memory-buttons provide easy click-on and -off from the seat unit
- One-hand folding mechanism transforms your stroller into a self-standing compact package in seconds
- Backrest can be reclined to four different comfortable positions
- Legrest can be adjusted to three different positions
- All-wheel suspension provides a comfortable ride.
- UPF50+ and viewing window
- Included padded inlay to keep kids warm on cool days, and can be removed to circulate air on warmer days
- Recommended use: birth to 45lbs
- Product: 37″ L x 15.35″ W x 37.4″ H
- Product (folded): 29.5″ L x 19.7″ W x 13″ H
- Product weight: 19.2lbs