8-Year-Old Girl Survives After Swallowing 20 Steel Marbles, 10 Magnets

This story sends a strong message to parents: Leave the magnets at the store!

Haley Lents of Huntingburg underwent emergency intestinal surgery last month in Indianapolis after she swallowed pieces from her Mega Brands Magnetix MagnaCase set.

She was taken to the emergency room for stomach pains, and an X-ray revealed the force from the magnets had torn her intestines in eight places.

Doctors told Haley’s parents her intestines looked like they had been punctured by eight gunshot wounds or stab-like holes, Haley’s father told CBS’ Early Show on Monday; it is being reported by

Haley, who spent two weeks in the hospital, is lucky to be alive, doctors said.

Last year over 4 million Mega Brands magnetic toys were recalled after other children also swallowed the magnets and had to be rushed to the hospital.

Related Articles:



About the author

Lisa Arneill

Mom of 2 boys and founder of and World Traveled Family. When I'm not running around after my boys, I'm looking for our next vacation spot!

Leave a Comment