The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning the public not to consume the Heinz Strained Meat baby food products described below as some jars have a glass deformity that could break off during normal use.
The affected products described below are sold in 100 mL (3.52 oz fl) glass jars.
|Product||UPC||Production code||Best Before dates|
|Strained Beef with Broth||0 571650 0||0081 xx:xx*|
|Strained Chicken with Broth||0 571660 7||0091 xx:xx*|
|Strained Lamb with Broth||0 571670 4||0501 xx:xx*||2013FE19|
* xx:xx – Digits indicate Military time and all times are included.
These products have been distributed nationally. There have been no reported injuries associated with the consumption of these products.
The manufacturer, Heinz Canada, Leamington, ON is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
Heinz Canada at 1-888-570-1675 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RECALL: 2,300 Zooper Strollers by Lan Enterprises Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Maclaren USA Announces Safety Update
- Infant Found Dead in Recalled Stroller
- CPSC Warns: As Button Battery Use Increases, So Do Battery-Related Injuries and Deaths