It’s hard to believe that I welcomed my second baby 6 months ago.
I guess all of the sleepless nights have blended into months and now here we are.
I do have to admit that I’ve had some help getting to this point. There are many great products out there that can be the saving grace that mommy needs to keep her sanity.
While this list is different for everyone, there are a few items here that could work for most parents
The criteria I used when deciding my favorite products was safety, durability and longevity.
Many of these products just make life easier or keep my guy happy for extended periods while I get some housework done.
- Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breast Pump – This time around I don’t have the time to pump each breast by hand. The Medela Freestyle breast pump expresses both sides anywhere. The ultimate convenience item!
- Fisher-Price Jumperoo – My girlfriend lent me this to me for Mr. Jumpy. Even though it’s a bit big, I like that my son can jump all day without us having to attach something to the doorway. He also enjoys pounding away at the activity toys while he bounces all over the place.
- Peg Perego Aria 60/40 Double Stroller -This lightweight, easy-to-use double is perfect for us because it has an infant car seat adapter on one side. We use it to go everywhere. It pushes nicely, has 2 generous individual canopies and lots of storage.
- Medela Bamboo Nursing Cami – I could live in this cami. It is comfy, stylish and extra long to cover the stuff that I haven’t lost from being pregnant. Yup! I’m still kinda fat, but you can’t really tell when I’m wearing this cami. I just wish it came in more colors.
- Kokopax Carrier – Now that my guy can hold his head up independently we are able to use this carrier and he loves it! Being on my back and up a bit gives him the chance to sit back and take in the world as I get things done around the house. I have used this carrier at the grocery store, park and garden center.
- Whoozit – The combination of lights, music and bright colors seems to make my little man happy. This is my go-to toy when nothing else will work.
- Gr8x Self Inflating Nursing Pillow – Now that I have 2 kids, I find myself nursing in the craziest places. I keep this pillow in my vehicle so that I have it everywhere I go. I just throw it under the stroller and inflate it when needed. Quick, easy and comfortable for the baby!
- Tiny Love Mobile -This classic mobile was bought for me just after I had my first son. He loved it and now the new baby loves it. Something about the slope that the animals are on and all of the pieces that slide makes him laugh and kick. This happiness gives me the chance to fold a load of laundry and vacuum the up stairs.
- Fisher-Price Aquarium Bouncer – Another item that was passed down from my son. This aquarium bouncer is legendary in our house. The new baby gets so excited looking at the bubbles and simple fish movements. I can’t understand it, but it works – Well!
- Sophie The Giraffe -At the first sign of teething, I sent my hubby out to get Sophie. We didn’t have one with our first son even though I had read so many good things about her. She wasn’t a hit at first, but she slowly grew on my son. Now he just grabs her a starts chomping away. The good part is that she has so many places for a little teether to chew.